Unexpected Mercs

BOP222

Took the females of the family out to visit another friend...they were doing the gabbing for a bit...after awhile I asked "By the way, how old is the property"? "About 100 years"..."Mind if I play with my detector in the yard?"..(Just happened to have it in the trunk...)..Long story very short..only had time to cover a very small section...but came up with some clad pennies, 5 wheaties and 2 unexpected Mercs along with what I'm assuming is an old dress of drawers handle or part of it...

...and I will go back as I was told to come back whenever I wanted...

100_0978.jpg

Wheats and Mercs make a great combo! Nice job, but get back there and finish that place, I'll be there's a lot more to be had! HH!

those coins look so clean,do they all come out of the ground like that in your area? That 1923 is in good shape.

Good going! Now go find some more of those poor lost coins!

The silver came out of the ground like that, more or less...just ran them under some water and used a toothbrush to get the dirt out of the little nooks and crannies...

The wheaties were in pretty good shape as well....ran them thru the tumbler with some fine grit...cleaned them up ok....

Yeah, I have to get back to that property...maybe the weekend if weather permits here in SD.

I LOVE that 1923. Talk about a good wheats to merc ratio going on in that yard. I'd be back ASAP. Nice!

It's amazing how you can go over an area one time and then go over it again and still make some good finds. A couple times I have had silver dimes come up in the penny range and passed them up the first time but dug them the second time to find a dime. Needless to say I dig everything in that range now.

Hey BOP222, send me a IM. I would love to help you search the area..you can keep the finds. I just want to detect! HH

Back
Top Bottom