On a mission to find a Class Ring...Any ideas??

I found two old class rings last month and both were missing the school emblems. Both rang up as pulltabs on my DFX but were in an area with little trash so was digging everything.

Nice...lucky you***:Di've been really digging pull tabs and nickels lately...along with...big foil.and stupid pennies..hope its a matter of hitting some new locations...with hs /college dubachery going on...

Weird this got put in lost and found....ididnt lose anything or even funnier i didnt findaclassring...hence the thread for needing advice to dig one...

We move threads at times to where they seem to best fit. Since you are looking for advice on "lost" class rings I felt it fits here. The General section is mostly for new members to introduce themselves.
Good luck on finding and returning that first class ring!!

We move threads at times to where they seem to best fit. Since you are looking for advice on "lost" class rings I felt it fits here. The General section is mostly for new members to introduce themselves.
Good luck on finding and returning that first class ring!!

AH ha...no worries..:D I just didnt want to give the impression I lost one or something along those lines...

I actually emailed an athletic director offering to locate any lost rings and let him know he could even ask around to see if any students lost one on school property. I figured knowing that one may have been lost it would give me a better chance LOL. Anyway he replied back thanking me for the offer, but has not replied back with anyone claiming they lost anything :no:

dig it all!

the best discriminator is your own eyes--Monte Von Berry has as his signature. he has been around quite a long time in the business, using and working in the industry both. :shock:

at the lake saturday i only got 76 clad =$4.84, a tiny silver earring, a silver toe ring, and 218 pulltabs. yep 218:mad:-- 5 hrs digging till it hurt. I WAS AFTER RINGS WITH MY SINGLE TONE NON NOTCH NON ID MACHINES--- DIG IT ALL.

NO GOLD BUT IT WAS WHAT IT WAS--FUNNNNNNNNN!:laughing:

beat yard work.....

I do hunt really pull tab heavy....got the ring bug.....In fact, today im going to a small non publicized beach ive been wanting to hit.Then if time, stop at older baseball field a high school and public uses..round dark...usually dig everything type of guy..but i may just go through and be selective and slow concentrate on ring tones....hope i wont only score sinkers and pultabs...:snowshovel::fishin::digginahole:

Just looked for a class ring that I was told was silver only to find out that in reality was celestium or stainless steel. Huge difference on the VDI numbers on my DFX. If you can try to find out what kind of metal it's made from first if you are looking for a lost ring for someone.

Took 8 years.......

I found my first class ring this year. Took 8 years of swinging, found it in a tot lot. Was lost for 47 years. Owner was floored when I contacted him, was very grateful. But beware...not all returns go well. Some owners won't even thank you. Just keep Swinging...it will show up when your least expecting it!

Last edited:
I have found 3 big gold men's class rings so far.
The first one was found in front of an abandoned grade school about 1/2 mile from where the owner actually lost it when it fell off his finger as he was driving and bounced down an embankment near a bridge.
How it got moved to the place where I found it I have no clue...and that return did not go well.

I hunt grass islands at high school parking lots all the time and find all kinds of silver and gold rings, high school pins and other stuff but never a high school class ring.
The 2 others were found near picnic areas at 2 different parks, so actually they can be anywhere people hang out...you just have to be lucky enough to swing over one.
All 3 were between 13 and 17 grams of 10k gold so they came in as zinc, and a big reason why I dig every zinc signal I come across to this day.

Interesting point about zinc signals///i found a small 1ok engagement ring and rang zinc so now i dig lots o zincs as well...Amazing to me that ppl dont appreciate a returned ring ....most of us cld use any money that wld come from melted gold:cool:!!more than a turned nose and muffled thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom