First returned ring!

jameys18

My wife and I went out to Waikiki beach last week and while she tanned I went hunting. Well, unfortunantly all i found was a couple of pennies and a bottle cap. I decided to chalk that day up as a loss and went to tan beside my beautiful wife.

About 15 minutes later this lady came up and asked if my detector was waterproof. She told me that her husband had just lost his wedding band and was standing where he lost it. well, he was off to the side of the beach where it is extremely rocky and HURTS to walk on. I searched for about 15 mins and he had given up on finding it and told me thanks any way but it was pointless. With my feet killing me I told him i was sorry i couldn't help.

Well, i was sitting back on the beach feeling really bad for not being able to find it for the guy so i decided to give it another try. I stole my wife's flipflops and started from the couple's spot on the beach and headed out from there towards the depth he said he lost it at. Five minutes and a false hit on a penny later I found it! (no where near where he said he lost it) I think i was happier than he was :lol:

They were very thankfull and gave me $100 bucks even after I tried to refuse any payment. I was just happy to get his wedding ring of 10 years back to him.

here's a pic of the guy with returned ring.

lostring.jpg

Good job! It's amazing to me how people are sometimes so sure of where they lose things.

Good job.

I did that the other day and I know the feeling is good.

I now have the habit of taking some food with me to the beach
and kind of hang around a bit after a hunt in case anyone needs
my help. :grin:

you wore your wife' flip flops! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

They were pink (at least in my mental version) and had little fluffy fur bunnies on top.

Way to go on the return, and for mannin' up and taking one for the team.

Back
Top Bottom