Ring returned

Casper

This guy approached me at work the other day and asked if i could do him a favor - seems his daughter lost a gold ring while raking. I told him no problem and he just had to give me a time and a place. I asked him if he was positive it was lost in the yard and he said yes. He then told me that there was a good chance though that it could have been lost in one of the bags of leaves - so i decided to not only take my land machine, but my PI too.

I arrived there to find 15 bags of leaves near the road. I decided to hit the bags first with the PI before tackeling the yard - which would probably hold alot more targets and take more time. I laid the bags one at a time on the ground and rolled them with my foot while passing over it with my PI. Sometimes as I passed down the side and close to the ground I got hits - I would move the bag and find that I was getting targets in the ground - I would have to find a spot that was clean - this was tough - there were alot of targets - I dragged the bags to the driveway thinking this would be good - nope - targets under driveway too. I eventually did find a silent zone and took the bags there one at a time. When I got to the 7th one I got a faint signal - I moved the bag off the spot and checked the ground area - I got nothing and moved the bag back checked again and received signal again. I took the bag back to the driveway and found a silent spot on it. I dumped half the bag out - checked and got a nice signal - I got down on my hands and knees and spread the leaves and grass out and saw the glint of gold as the sun hit it. I asked the guy to discribe it and he did and I told him I had it. He asked what I wanted and I told him his daughters smile would be enough.

I saw him again at work and he asked again if he could give me something and I said no. He then started to tell me of a bunch of places that I might want to try - so it can still pay off sometimes when you return one now and then.

Attachments

• theguy-.JPG
    theguy-.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 154
  • thering-.JPG
    thering-.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 169
Anytime you can find something that a child lost and wants back, the finding of such is priceless. I am sure her smile was worth a zillion dollars to ya.

You are a good man and my hat is off to ya Sir.

Johnny

Nice going Casper! However, it's unfortunate that you helped a Pats fan. :( Oh well, it's not the little girl's fault that daddy doesn't know better! :yes: :lol:

One of my biggest goals is to return one of my finds to someone. I have copper Soc. Security cards, dog tags, and a 1944 gold class ring and have not been able to find anyone still alive to return to. I have even tried to find family embers but have had no luck.

Back
Top Bottom