Put my cat to sleep this morning

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
My buddy Tiny has been failing and decided it was best for him. I am not exactly sure how old he is but I do know that we had him at least 2 years before my daughter Sarah was born and she is 23. He was in good shape for his age, but the last week he got so he wasn't hardly eating anything all he has been wanting to do was drink water. He walked around hunched up in the back end and what little he ate went right threw him. He was a good friend to me and I will really miss him. Wouldn't think a man at my age would be so soft over a cat but we spent alot of time together.

oh Steve!! Im sorry for your loss! We have a few cats and a dog and I know we all are so attached to them and if anything happened I know we would be sad, there like family!! Our 2 cats we raised since they were born and there 6 years old now.. Hes In a better place now...

oh Steve!! Im sorry for your loss! We have a few cats and a dog and I know we all are so attached to them and if anything happened I know we would be sad!! Hes In a better place now...
Thanks JB, I have been on a farm all my life and always have a dog or two and cats around but he was mine and was special to me, I was/am sad but know he is not suffering now. Thanks again.

I'm so sorry to hear that Steve, we grow so attached to our pets it's rough when something like that has to happen...

25 years for a cat is ANCIENT! I cannot believe he lived that long and was still going. Sad to hear of your loss though. I have two cats and they're definitely family members. You did the right thing though. We had to put down one of our cats a few years ago. Developed lung cancer. It's a shame they don't outlive us.

Grace had to be put to sleep 2 years ago. She and Fluffy would sit and box with each other-you think Ali was fast! Same thing-drinking water and throwing up. Then, on one of my days off I went outside and she came slowly walking to me and fell over several times. I rushed her to the vet, but it was too late. He told me the options and I broke down crying! Thought I was alright! After he saw me, he said that he could try operating but that she wouldn't make it. They were really nice and took care of everything. Fluffy bawled several nights after that. Tough. She was 16.

Last edited:
My buddy Tiny has been failing and decided it was best for him. I am not exactly sure how old he is but I do know that we had him at least 2 years before my daughter Sarah was born and she is 23. He was in good shape for his age, but the last week he got so he wasn't hardly eating anything all he has been wanting to do was drink water. He walked around hunched up in the back end and what little he ate went right threw him. He was a good friend to me and I will really miss him. Wouldn't think a man at my age would be so soft over a cat but we spent alot of time together.

Sorry for your loss.

cats!

Sorry for the loss. I too have a cat...actually two of them. My wife went to the animal shelter and brought one home, I did the same on the second one. It's funny, but those little cats, they might be buggers at times, but they do find a special place in your heart. Again, sorry for your loss.

Shawn

I'm truly sorry for your loss and the pain you are going through. Hugs

Wow Steve, what a good long life your cat had.Oldest one we ever had was 19 years. Sad to hear he's gone. I'm sure you gave him a great life. We've had to put down many animals, it's never easy.......Curt:(

I am sorry for your loss!!! My oldest cat lived to be 18 1/2 before he passed away five years ago. I took in a stray right after his passing and it made me feel better and his name is Casper. Even though Casper cannot replace my other cat it gave me comfort.

picture.php

I know that has to be so difficult losing a feline family member that you had for a qtr century. I have 2 cats age 17 & 18 & one is in his last days. He has lost half his weight but is still active & eats & drinks.

Sorry to hear.It's like losing an old friend.We had a 22yr old cat we had to put to sleep this past fall.

Are you sure he was a 20+ year old cat? I thought the Guinness book of world records was age 22. That is the oldest cat I have heard lived.

Anyway Me and my cat wish yours the best RIP tiny.

Back
Top Bottom