10 ft cut.......... UPDATE

solcalpete

Hit a beach south of Laguna after spotting what looked like a big cut in the making on the webcams.
It sure was and probably the best cut i've seen in years.
Probably 10 feet and more in places. :wow:
I only managed 2 hours as it was 95f and after digging the best part of 200 targets in that time i was exhausted.
Clad was everywhere and didn't really need a detector for those as they were just lying on the sand.
After 45 minutes i got selective and switched out of all metal to disc and went for mid tones only.
I reckon i dug 10% of signals, most of which were either nickels or lead weights.
Except 1 ............... Lovely butter color told me this wasn't cheap 10 or 14k rubbish. Nope this was a nice 27.4 grams 18k bracelet :D
I'll be going back for the 5:30am low tide to see if the loose stuff moves as 1 gold doesn't seem right to me.
Ok, went back at 4:30 am and put in 3 hours. Not a lot had changed from yesterday.
More clad targets than i wanted to dig so there is literally still hundreds and hundreds left there.
It was a struggle to find a clear patch to dump the scoop onto without picking up a target underneath it all.:wow:
Anyhow, 2 accidental gold while pulling out nickels.
Another 18k bracelet at just over 5.5 grams and 4.7 grams 14k necklace.
A silver quarter from 1948 would you believe!!!
More lead weights than i was prepared to carry around so they were left in a very large pile. i reckon over 2 kgs worth lol.
That's it for me at this place, i've had fun and if anyone wishes to take over there's enough tagets to keep you going for a couple of days.... At least!
The beach? West street beach that adjoins Aliso through the rocks :D

Attachments

• IMG_1294.jpg
    IMG_1294.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,802
  • IMG_1295.jpg
    IMG_1295.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,802
  • IMG_1296.jpg
    IMG_1296.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,796
  • IMG_1297.jpg
    IMG_1297.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,828
  • IMG_1298.jpg
    IMG_1298.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,498
  • IMG_1299.jpg
    IMG_1299.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,463
  • IMG_1300.jpg
    IMG_1300.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,446
Last edited:
AAAAGGGGHHHHHH I hate you I hate you I hate you! You may me SSSIIICCCKKKK . That's it. I'm moving to Southern CA. Any houses for sale on your block :mad::mad:

AAAAGGGGHHHHHH I hate you I hate you I hate you! You may me SSSIIICCCKKKK . That's it. I'm moving to Southern CA. Any houses for sale on your block :mad::mad:

As it happens.... We're moving to Australia october/november time. you can have our lake front house in Lake forest. :D

Here's the quote that really makes me sick sick sick:

........ didn't really need a detector for those as they were just lying on the sand.
After 45 minutes i got selective and switched out of all metal to disc and went for mid tones only

I've seen conditions like that, where you just walk along eyeballing coins. Rare indeed, but those conditions do happen. And conditions where targets are so numerous, that you literally start passing pennies and quarters is rare too. I've seen that thick as well: Just earlier this year up here, where we got so sick of digging coins, that we only dug mid conductors (corroded zinc coordinates) and down. Trying to up our odds at gold rings. Those days when you can get that selective are rare indeed ! And those are the days you're glad you have a discriminating TID detector! haha

Rare indeed.. More hurricanes needed.
Just to add, If anyone is interested in crevacing, Aliso beach has been decimated completely. No sand, just rock. The sand got up and left town.:wow:
Had i not have just been broiled by sun and then muscle bound from digging holes on a neighbouring beach i would have gone and investigated.

I smile when I see posts like this one....for almost 10 years I live in either Torrance, Hermosa, Redondo, and Manhatten beach....back in my younger days....

Looking back, Had I known then, what I know now....:yes:

HDD

..... If anyone is interested in crevacing, Aliso beach has been decimated completely. No sand, just rock......

Ah, another rarity: Bedrock showing, eh? (or past rip-rap layers, or whatever). I've been in those situations too, where you can simply scoop blindly in pot-hole tide-pool like divots (or rivulets rib-like formations in the hard-pan). A buddy of mine got in one such formation one time, and just put down his machine for an entire glorious hour of nothing but endless scooping. Ended up with 700+ coins, of which 100 were silver. And a dozen gold items. All in a 10 ft. long trench-like formation that had acted as a type of natural sluice-box riffle-board. But those days/spots are rare indeed!

.... if you wanna get up and meet me at 4:30 am tomorrow i'll gladly share :D

Those things can sand back in during a single night. Maybe not all "10 ft. of it", but if a mere 8 or 12" comes back in at the foot of that cut, then .. you can kiss it goodbye in a single tide-cycle. I hope it lasts though through another day ! A place like you're describing here can have 10 machines, where you'd probably STILL not have exhausted the targets.

Rare indeed.. More hurricanes needed.
Just to add, If anyone is interested in crevacing, Aliso beach has been decimated completely. No sand, just rock. The sand got up and left town.:wow:
Had i not have just been broiled by sun and then muscle bound from digging holes on a neighbouring beach i would have gone and investigated.

That was not the only beach stripped of sand in that area. ;) Since Monday best week I have had in years. Even went against Dr.s orders to detect... :shock:

~SSC

SoCalPete check your PM later... ;)

Those things can sand back in during a single night. Maybe not all "10 ft. of it", but if a mere 8 or 12" comes back in at the foot of that cut, then .. you can kiss it goodbye in a single tide-cycle. I hope it lasts though through another day ! A place like you're describing here can have 10 machines, where you'd probably STILL not have exhausted the targets.

Not gonna happen... You have no idea how that area is situated...:D

Back
Top Bottom