theirs a bear in them thar hills!

longbeard

Elite Member
a litle close for comfort.thurmont ,maryland

Attachments

• bear.jpg
    bear.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 332
I only ever saw 1 in Maryland,along 81 running like his butt was on fire. I have had them get that close archery hunting and once coyote hunting and all have left faster than I could scream like a girl . :)

I know you should`nt, but RUN AWAY

Well, last I knew if it is a female with cubs run, a lone male make a lot of noise and run at him. My advice in bear country, always have a partner, who you can out run, with you at all times.

I believe the REAL age old question is did that bear make you #$%@ your pants in the woods? Call me crazy but THAT is just one reason why i carry a pistol in the woods.

Lol, I wanna see you shoot a bear with a pistol. That would be the last thing you ever did my friend. lol.

Great pic! I have seen three bears in the fourteen years I have been in Missouri. My closest encounter was at about fifteen feet. I saw it and froze. It saw me and took off, for which I was happy. I was working on a VERY specific photo project and only had an old Polaroid camera with me. I was only able to get one poor photograph.

Once again, great pic. Are bears rare in Maryland?

Doug

A bear can outrun a horse in the short run , I think the slower moving partner is your best bet lol ,cigarettes seem to be a good deterent, my father hunted them for years and was out all day chain smoking and never got one ! also black bears can and do climb tree's

rare no.they are found in the northern most west.he was a big 400lbs boar [male]he was 15 yards from us we froz then he noticed us and started to click his teath.chomp chomp chomp.he was threatined and on his defense.we startled him aswell. i said whoa bear whoa bear.and he just walked off.and we left fast, but making alot of noise,hollie curd ahhhhh

Lol, I wanna see you shoot a bear with a pistol. That would be the last thing you ever did my friend. lol.

assuming you mean just walking up on one,or one walking up on you, yes it could be foolhardy. I have taken black bear with a pistol, as well as wild hogs. Granted it is a Thompson Center Encore, but its still classified a pistol. Bear was from a stand, hogs from a ground blind.

I had no idea there were bears in the Thurmont area.

Carry a .45 in Maryland? I wish! But that's a quick way to earn 5 to 10 in the slammer.

AWESOME PICTURE and thanks for sharing!

I think 99% of bears move away if you make noise, so by using my ace 250with no earphones I am keeping Puerto Rico bear free ! loud md's save lives, "yes shameless Garrett plug"

I ain't trying to be a smart mouth but there aint a living soul in north america that can handle 10 rounds from a .45! If he does eat me that's the last meal he's gonna have cus he's gonna bleed out soon after. I'd rather have a .45 than swing a metal detector at 'em. Although some of the nieghborhoods i work in are more dangerous than the woods. People are the REAL animals from my experience!

That's a medium sized bear. Thought he was big boar at first...had to recheck the size of the ears. Big ears, small bear, small ears, big bear. They are so hard to judge for size even after you've hunted them for a while, but when they are big they are BIG!!. Northern Minnesota has it's share of bears. See them on a regular basis. Heard my peacocks last fall about this time of year chiming off so I went to look. Found a bear (big) behind my chicken coop.I looked around the corner and he was doing the same at the other corner...about 12 feet. Picked up a chunk of wood and threw it at him. He did the George Bush dodging a shoe head bob and just sat there. Went to the house(walking backwards), grabbed the 12 gauge and went back. Aggressive bears piss me off and if they hold their ground they are being aggressive. Fired one round over his head; didn't budge. Put the next round at the base of his butt where he was sitting on the ground and he lit out like he was in fire(probably was with a bit of bird shot in him.) Let one more go over his head to let him know I was serious. Didn't want to kill him, I prefer to hunt them with a bow...:lol:

A guide i used to use in upstate new york took down a big Griz. bear with a Bow.

also if your out in the woods allways take this with you

it will knock a bear out cold, also works on other wild animals

gl and stay safe out there

Back
Top Bottom