• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Returned to creek and found a few more bottles

GLASSHOPPER1955

Elite Member
Went back to that creek area and found a few more in the water and up on top of the banks. Best find this time was a Morand Bros. Beverages (Chicago) dated 1944, Bireley's wide-mouth orange drink 1941, and a slick (unembossed) castoria type greenish bottle, probably circa 1915-20. Others were "Color Shine" (probably hair or shoe coloring), Vitalis hair oil 1946 and a few others. Keeping the first three I mentioned and recycling the rest. Always nice to find bottles but I'd rather be finding the older stuff.

Attachments

• 10-20 a.jpg
    10-20 a.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 629
  • 10-20 b.jpg
    10-20 b.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 552
  • 10-20 c.jpg
    10-20 c.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
That’s some nice bottles. How do you date and value them? Like marbles, I’m completely lost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s some nice bottles. How do you date and value them? Like marbles, I’m completely lost

Many have date codes on the bottom (you have to know how to decode some of them, others are evident). Also the way bottles are constructed tells their age many times. As far as value, the deco soda in the pic is the most "valuable" to me, anyway. It would sell for like $5 or so, unless someone was really wanting one like it. Local bottles can get much more depending again, on desirability.

Many have date codes on the bottom (you have to know how to decode some of them, others are evident). Also the way bottles are constructed tells their age many times. As far as value, the deco soda in the pic is the most "valuable" to me, anyway. It would sell for like $5 or so, unless someone was really wanting one like it. Local bottles can get much more depending again, on desirability.

You have any links on decoding them and how to tell by design? I would love more information.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom