• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Latest calabash “testing video”

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day.

Give a man a sock puppet, and FMDF is entertained for life.

And give a Guantlet a Calabash and he's entertained for life. Weak effort gAUNTLET. Might want to get a life. This "I hate Calabash/Tnnsharpshooter/whatever" is getting really old. You have your opinion, they have theirs, let it go. Along with Chris and more.

The latest CD Legend stinks rant video from 5/21 that even Dilek responded to is mind boggling. He is so upset that he lost money on the two Legends he bought with his own money……….if he doesn’t want to lose money when selling his Legends, he has only himself to blame. Nobody else has made 60+ videos that trashed the Legend. Unbelievable.

I own and use the Equinox 800, Legend and now Deus 2. All three have shortcomings……Nox build quality/leaking, Legend still needs iron bias updated software and it had major issues on saltwater beaches and Deus 2 has woefully poor performance using its Goldfield mode for smaller gold nugget prospecting. That mode is a major step backwards from the excellent gold prospecting modes on Deus 1 and the ORX and it cannot begin to compete with them, the Equinox or even the Legend in their gold prospecting modes at this point. Before you say I don’t know what I’m talking about, I’m lying or I hate XP, think again. Why do I own two gold prospecting specific pulse induction detectors that cost $10,000 together?????

Maybe XP will offer a better Goldfield version later or maybe they don’t want to ruin ORX sales.

Even after all of that, Deus 2, Equinox 600/800 and the Legend are still fantastic detectors that I am very pleased to own and use no matter what CD or his buddies say.

The latest CD Legend stinks rant video from 5/21 that even Dilek responded to is mind boggling. He is so upset that he lost money on the two Legends he bought with his own money……….if he doesn’t want to lose money when selling his Legends, he has only himself to blame. Nobody else has made 60+ videos that trashed the Legend. Unbelievable.

If you ever saw the drop the mic vid where he had a blooper cut at the end of someone dropping one of his detectors multiple times. He may remember why nobody wants to buy one of his detectors and where that scratched screen came from.

And give a Guantlet a Calabash and he's entertained for life. Weak effort gAUNTLET. Might want to get a life. This "I hate Calabash/Tnnsharpshooter/whatever" is getting really old. You have your opinion, they have theirs, let it go. Along with Chris and more.

Always love it when people give advice they refuse to follow themselves. You're free to be a groupie, have fun. I will.

Hate is such a strong word. Why would I hate something/someone that brings me so much laughter?

I've tried to convince them to start their own forum, what with all that valuable combined knowledge they hold. Yet they don't.

Ever wonder why that is?

If you ever saw the drop the mic vid where he had a blooper cut at the end of someone dropping one of his detectors multiple times. He may remember why nobody wants to buy one of his detectors and where that scratched screen came from.

Probably so. I had commented awile ago about him dropping his D2 on the sand after digging a target. On purpose ! Maybe this was part of his "testing" in regards to how rugged it was , IDK. I had up to this point never seen that before. To me , I look at it as sensitive electronics. I wouldn't purposely drop my cellphone or toss my laptop to the ground. And if he is a XP rep , they couldn't have been happy with him.

Probably so. I had commented awile ago about him dropping his D2 on the sand after digging a target. On purpose ! Maybe this was part of his "testing" in regards to how rugged it was , IDK. I had up to this point never seen that before. To me , I look at it as sensitive electronics. I wouldn't purposely drop my cellphone or toss my laptop to the ground. And if he is a XP rep , they couldn't have been happy with him.

I've got some theme music for his next video:

Always love it when people give advice they refuse to follow themselves. You're free to be a groupie, have fun. I will.

Hate is such a strong word. Why would I hate something/someone that brings me so much laughter?

I've tried to convince them to start their own forum, what with all that valuable combined knowledge they hold. Yet they don't.

Ever wonder why that is?
Because then they would have to ban themselves. Reminds me of sitting at a blackjack table with $2k in front of me. Guy next to me has $50 , and he is trying to tell me how to play my hand.🤣

Because then they would have to ban themselves. Reminds me of sitting at a blackjack table with $2k in front of me. Guy next to me has $50 , and he is trying to tell me how to play my hand.🤣

Well, if they had a site where they were dependent on people voluntarily joining, they'd realize the majority aren't interested.

Spreading it here to a captive audience serves them better. Ever look on the other MD forums? Notice anything missing?

Yeah.

I own and use the Equinox 800, Legend and now Deus 2. All three have shortcomings……Nox build quality/leaking, Legend still needs iron bias updated software and it had major issues on saltwater beaches and Deus 2 has woefully poor performance using its Goldfield mode for smaller gold nugget prospecting. That mode is a major step backwards from the excellent gold prospecting modes on Deus 1 and the ORX and it cannot begin to compete with them, the Equinox or even the Legend in their gold prospecting modes at this point. Before you say I don’t know what I’m talking about, I’m lying or I hate XP, think again. Why do I own two gold prospecting specific pulse induction detectors that cost $10,000 together?????

Maybe XP will offer a better Goldfield version later or maybe they don’t want to ruin ORX sales.

Even after all of that, Deus 2, Equinox 600/800 and the Legend are still fantastic detectors that I am very pleased to own and use no matter what CD or his buddies say.

I watched part of the video then turned it off... I saw his complaining... then he mentioned the selling price of the Deus 2 can be had every where for $1350 which made me smile... I remember him saying in his video how the MSRP of $1600 was too low and the detector should sell for a lot more...

I'll sound like a broken record but the Deus 2 is just the latest tool in the tool box its not going to obsolete and detector out there what a couple think... they are just delusional in their thoughts...

I am sure other companies are working on a detector that will take over as top dog in the future...

Can I enlighten you chill?

This forum as long as a member does not bash a detector like your hero does they are free to share their opinions...

If you don't like it then ignore them...

Your hero had made several anti Friendly Metal Detecting video's some he pulled down, some he left up... he gets no sympathy from me...

How anyone can let words on a screen get to them is beyond me... then a again a orange... never mind :lol:

This forum as long as a member does not bash a detector like your hero does they are free to share their opinions...

Your hero had made several anti Friendly Metal Detecting video's some he pulled down, some he left up... he gets no sympathy from me...

How anyone can let words on a screen get to them is beyond me... then a again a orange... never mind :lol:

Funny how some of them can be so selective in what they "approve", yet choose to ignore others.

You don’t get to say what I post. Sorry.

iu

This "I hate Calabash/Tnnsharpshooter/whatever" is getting really old. You have your opinion, they have theirs, let it go.

There is a way to ignore users who are bothering you, rather than complain on the forum. Its described quite well at the following link. HTH

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=295696

As for CD, he seems to be an attention seeker who does not warrant the attention, so the negative reputation that is piling up around him seems warranted. Moreover, as a Deus II owner myself, I agree with those who feel his videos are misleading, and slanted by omitting negatives about the machine. It does, at least to me, seem like a topic worthy of discussion, as information and reputation are critical in a community such as this, as it seems he wishes to be an "influencer". :?:

I look to Rattlehead, and similar posters on this forum who provide much more valuable information with far less words and drama. If CD actually has valuable information to share, he should look to these posters as models for doing so. :yes:

But, as an attention seeker, this will continue, even if the attention is negative. Only by completely ignoring him will it go away. Me, I don't care much anymore, as it is valuable to me as information _not_ to believe, and at times, the drama can be humorous. :lol: Once he started bashing the Legend, for example, I looked into getting one, but it is simply not in the budget.

As for the free $1600 machine some seem envious of, I look at it this way. Given all the time he spends online and producing videos, unless they are being subsidized, he would make far more per hour digging clad in a hunted out park :shock:

There is a way to ignore users who are bothering you, rather than complain on the forum. Its described quite well at the following link. HTH

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=295696

As for CD, he seems to be an attention seeker who does not warrant the attention, so the negative reputation that is piling up around him seems warranted. Moreover, as a Deus II owner myself, I agree with those who feel his videos are misleading, and slanted by omitting negatives about the machine. It does, at least to me, seem like a topic worthy of discussion, as information and reputation are critical in a community such as this, as it seems he wishes to be an "influencer". :?:

I look to Rattlehead, and similar posters on this forum who provide much more valuable information with far less words and drama. If CD actually has valuable information to share, he should look to these posters as models for doing so. :yes:

But, as an attention seeker, this will continue, even if the attention is negative. Only by completely ignoring him will it go away. Me, I don't care much anymore, as it is valuable to me as information _not_ to believe, and at times, the drama can be humorous. :lol: Once he started bashing the Legend, for example, I looked into getting one, but it is simply not in the budget.

As for the free $1600 machine some seem envious of, I look at it this way. Given all the time he spends online and producing videos, unless they are being subsidized, he would make far more per hour digging clad in a hunted out park :shock:

Great observation ! How many "scores" can you really "bag" in your test garden ? The answer is ZERO.

Great observation ! How many "scores" can you really "bag" in your test garden ? The answer is ZERO.

Test gardens can be like preparing for a date. You get all ready for a Steak dinner, then you find out your date is a Vegan and knows where there is a great salad bar. You wind up trying to make the salad taste like a Pizza.

Test gardens can be like preparing for a date. You get all ready for a Steak dinner, then you find out your date is a Vegan and knows where there is a great salad bar. You wind up trying to make the salad taste like a Pizza.
Before I take her on an "official" date , I make sure she thoroughly enjoys meat.🤣

I cannot believe you are an administrator here. I ask you straight up, who is it that you think is my "hero". I have no idea who you're talking about. I have no respect for Calabash, so you'd be wrong there. I don't know who else you would think it would be. Just seems to me like you and several other jokers here take yourselves way too seriously. And you as an "Administrator" certainly don't help the Friendliness of this forum. You are the one who seems to let "words on a screen" get to them. Hypocrisy at its best.

Back
Top Bottom