• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Most silver in one Coinstar haul

jimther

Elite Member
Been having better luck at the Coinstars this year than in 2020; sometimes 20-30 coins in one haul.

Yesterday, when I glanced into the reject tray, I see the bottom is covered, so I studied the instructions for a few seconds and non-nonchalantly reach down to gather the rejects. Took me a few scoops to get them all (31 coins).

Three silver Rosies... 1952, 1963 & 1964

One 1943 Steel Wheat cent

The rest, a mix of U.S. clad, Canadian and other foreign coins.

Through February, my Coinstar total is 103 coins.

Photos below...

Attachments

• Coinstar silver and steel.jpg
    Coinstar silver and steel.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 611
  • Coinstar Silver and Steel_Feb 2021.jpg
    Coinstar Silver and Steel_Feb 2021.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 568
  • Coinstar total thru Feb 2021.jpg
    Coinstar total thru Feb 2021.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 567
Fantastic haul Jim.....keep it going in 2021.
My Coinstar finds are way, way down from 2020. At this point last year I had around $7 in clad and 6 silver coins. This year I'm at $2 and NO silver coins.:(

I keep an eye on my daily cash till at work and swap out clad for collectable coins. Got a '35 Buffalo last week.

Fantastic haul Jim.....keep it going in 2021.
My Coinstar finds are way, way down from 2020. At this point last year I had around $7 in clad and 6 silver coins. This year I'm at $2 and NO silver coins.:(

Thanks Ed... I guess, in between “incentive payments”, folks are needing to dump their piggy banks and change jars into local Coinstars in order to buy groceries or cigarettes. Gotta stay on my toes to keep ahead of “RockieBoston” :yes:

Attaboy Jim, nice coinstar score. Always nice to find a little shiny in the tray. Its been a while since I have seen more than a couple of sticky zincolns in one. Hope your able to get out and hunt. Good luck, Mark

Wow, congrats on the silvers and steel cent as well as an overall great haul !!!! :thumbsup:

I even find it interesting what foreign coins we can find occasionally, but anything is better than crusty Zincolns :lol:

Thanks Mark, Gary and Soil Surgeon.

Just got another four clad & 2 cents (Zincoln & Canadian) at a different Coinstar.

Last edited:
Thanks Ed... I guess, in between “incentive payments”, folks are needing to dump their piggy banks and change jars into local Coinstars in order to buy groceries or cigarettes. Gotta stay on my toes to keep ahead of “RockieBoston” :yes:

You can have Norfolk County, I'll take Suffolk. Not much competition here - best thing I've found in a Coinstar is an obviously dug wheatie.

That's a haul dude. Nice way to play innocent as you scooped the tray.

My total is way down this year too..

I MUST be doing it wrong. I never pass a coinstar without checking. In over 8 years i have found a few zincolns and one Clad Dime. Usually there is just a little dirt in the reject tray.

Back
Top Bottom