Broke my rootslayer nomad shovel

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
I was just popping a plug like I always do and heard it crack. Been using this shovel for probably a year or more and really like the size and design. I’ll probably end up getting another one.

Attachments

• 749BC57A-43D5-4C38-821C-18FF87BB0D7E.jpg
    749BC57A-43D5-4C38-821C-18FF87BB0D7E.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 527
My stainless steel sand scoop developed cracks after a number of years of hard work. took it to a local metal fabricator. He estimated $25.00 for the repair. He did a great job with the repair and charged me much less than what he estimated.

Send it to me, I’ll fix it, I see you are in western nc, get it to me somehow and I’ll fix it for you. I’m 1 1/2 hour from Asheville

Send it to me, I’ll fix it, I see you are in western nc, get it to me somehow and I’ll fix it for you. I’m 1 1/2 hour from Asheville

Thank you for the offer, but a co-worker welded it for me. I’ll probably still get a new one or save up for a predator raven.

Ya I broke mine too after about 2 1/2 years but only on one side..
buddy broke his too same place..

both were at about the same place as yours.. must be a weak spot..

BUT..

I bought a new one.. I LOVE the Nomad !!

I was just popping a plug like I always do and heard it crack. Been using this shovel for probably a year or more and really like the size and design. I’ll probably end up getting another one.

If you are going to get a replacement, get something without the teeth and instead keep the sides fairly sharp with a file..

It will go into the ground much easier which is why the majority of garden/farm digging spades don't have such teeth...

Ya I broke mine too after about 2 1/2 years but only on one side..
buddy broke his too same place..

both were at about the same place as yours.. must be a weak spot..

BUT..

I bought a new one.. I LOVE the Nomad !!

I ended up getting a new one and it arrived Saturday. I really like it too.

Back
Top Bottom