Help! Can't find any markings!

intrigued_one

I found this rather quickly just doing a quick sweep the other day. Its about an inch. I cant seem to find my measuring tape (I think the hubby borrowed it and didn't put it back. LOL) Anybody have any input???
bce9c51def415f74eafb44e9efd59b13.jpg
d3a856a1c3af6807e9a1ab0cc2a78b9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

While I would not say a "Cameo" pin, it is a Victorian era gilded fashion pin. I would suffer a guess at the late 1890's to around 1920. There were small filigree wire work that is missing from the outside edge which was typical of that period.

While I would not say a "Cameo" pin, it is a Victorian era gilded fashion pin. I would suffer a guess at the late 1890's to around 1920. There were small filigree wire work that is missing from the outside edge which was typical of that period.

I'm with Rusty here. Definitely Victorian. The octagonal florets are interesting as they're on the back and therefore not visible when worn, so I wonder what their purpose is. Weight? Doubtful.

Cool piece!

Thank you Rusty and Oldsjunkie! I've been told the florets were used to put perfumed pieces of fabric in. But idk. That's just what I'm told
I'm with Rusty here. Definitely Victorian. The octagonal florets are interesting as they're on the back and therefore not visible when worn, so I wonder what their purpose is. Weight? Doubtful.

Cool piece!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom