• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Sea doctor cures my ills with an 18k!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I haven’t had a hunt since the watch 10 days ago. The weather hasn’t been good, events at school, Mother’s Day & my Anniversary weekend have taken precedence. I have also had a terrible cold that I was on day 5 yesterday, but there seemed to be a window of calmer surf conditions, from the turbulent and stormy conditions we’ve been having, so I decided to head out for the near 4pm low tide on South Beach despite being sick. I really needed to get out and I figured being in the salt water would do me good anyway. I checked the beach cam on my surf app in the morning app and it was beautifully flat. I was licking my chops waiting to leave work and get out there. I got permission from the boss and left before dismissal as that saves me a nice amount of time.

However, when I got to the beach, the predicted “FLAT” conditions were gone. The winds had picked up it was stormy inland and the surf was now leaning towards rough. I normally would’ve picked up and headed to another beach but I have found that I could work these conditions recently so I did. I started hunting at 2pm. In addition to working a bit of surf the currents in many sections were ripping strongly parallel to the shore – both north and south to the shoreline! It made swinging difficult for a good many parts of the hunt. Conditions were also very sanded in. I found one small area that looked promising and surprisingly that didn’t have any these currents. At about 2 hours into the hunt I retrieve a target. I look into the scoop and see what I think is pull tab peering under some shells and rocks. I pluck it out and it was round :dingding:. It was very small and I noticed it was 2-tone and had some writing inside – always a good sign. :yes:

I spent the rest of the 2.5 hours trying different areas but it was just sanded in. During this time is when I finally see 3 other :pirates:. Two CTX users and 1 guy with an Equinox. When I get home, I look carefully at the ring and its marked “750” and weighs in at 2.6 grs. I have now gone 5 hunts in a row with either a great find or at least 1 gold. This has been the best run I’ve ever had of either gold or great finds in my 12 years at this and my goal of 24 golds for the year is now half way. Needless to say, I am very satisfied and summer is coming...;)

Attachments

• 5-16-18.jpg
    5-16-18.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 470
  • 5-16-18 Ring.jpg
    5-16-18 Ring.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 458
  • 5-16-18 Fits.jpg
    5-16-18 Fits.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 448
  • Dolphin Bone.jpg
    Dolphin Bone.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 451
Congrats on the 18K and a really nice looking ring. I know your frustration as surf here has been rough and tough to get in the water. Needless to say you fought backa and turned it into a good hunt.

cough.. sure it fits.. you know what they say, right.. JUST because it says "one size fits all" doesn't mean you should wear it, right?!?!

Nice haul and congrats on the find.. nice!!

Cheers

That is a nice looking ring Felix. The main thing is be careful in them waves.. They will catch you off guard. We do not want anything happen to you. We like your post..

KEN. :D

Congrats on the gold. Bone was cool, and so happy you were able to get it identified....which makes it even more interesting. =)

That 18k is sweet!! Congratulations!!

And love that bone and where it came from, you just never know what will come up next with the treasures!

Nice finds

Bone is cool. But be careful with those. Under marine mammal protection act, you can not posses parts of marine mammals. Usually not a big deal but federal wildlife officer could ticket and fine you. Law is mainly to protect whales but covers all marine mammals.

Back
Top Bottom