Getting permission

Collin1776

I’m newer to the hobby still and am struggling for places to hunt. Do you guys ever look up old houses and just ask owners for permission?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m newer to the hobby still and am struggling for places to hunt. Do you guys ever look up old houses and just ask owners for permission?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of guys here do. I haven't done it successfully myself outside of a few friends but I'm thinking I'm going to start soon. I'm running low on public areas I haven't hit a dozen times already.

I believe it's all in the way you approach it. If you show up with your detector in one hand and a shovel in the other, mud covered jeans and a ripped t-shirt, you'll likely get a "no"...

I've been knocking on doors for quite a while (hundreds of times).
The amount of times I have been turned down, maybe a dozen times.
I have made some VERY good finds doing this, plus have met some great people. Try it,
Jeff

Yeah, basically all the good hunting is on private properties. I find just asking people when I'm out in social gatherings if they know anyone with an old house snatches me a couple permissions a year on average.

Knock knock knockin' on strangers doors brings some excitement into it and can not only get you on some great targets, but make you some new friends...who know more people with old houses...:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom