Day 225 - Finally... a patch opened up

Ra1der5

Athletic Supporter
Forum Supporter
The La Niña winter was horrible here. I got spoiled with the 2016 El Niño and 2017 storms. 2018 was like another drought year. Just one or two good storms.

Yesterday I decided to set aside the CTX and took the SovWOT out for a walk. Found a good collection of targets in a ~50'x100' patch and worked it for a good three hours. A stainless ring, $20.60 in clad, and a little 925 whale tail pendant for the GT. Man, I love that SovWOT.

I think I'll take out the Excal next weekend. Trying to keep the batteries on all three in good working order.

Raider Regards,

R5

That is a heck of great clad count for a small area!

Nice job David!

I gotta get these old bones out and about again!

That is a heck of great clad count for a small area!

Nice job David!

I gotta get these old bones out and about again!

I think I just found the patch. One or two others came and left yesterday... but they were a good 200-300 yards away. Not as much clad this morning. You know how it goes.

Good to see you still cyber-stalking the forum Ron. :fright: its the only way I know you're alive. ;)

I agree on conditions. Southern SOUTHERN CA is terrible right now. To the point that I haven't gone out in about 3 wks due to a waste of time!:shock:

Think last years storms changed it here forever. And not in a good way. Some spots look nothing like when i was a kid in the '70's to last year. Our fresh drops are even sinking over a foot in 1 tide phase. So far not a good sign for fresh drop season. I been picking off mostly small stuff. Gold crowns, gold cremains and one gram gold rings. Glad i got 3 gold January 2nd:lol: At least you got solid rock. I cant even find a rock at a beach anywhere:shock:

Back
Top Bottom