• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Questions for Equinox users

Are you saying the AT PRO only has 20 or 30 ID numbers? It has 99.
The Equinox has 40 ID numbers, so who is crunching ID's together?

From the ATP manual:
Target ID Cursor (Upper Scale)—The Target ID cursor, in conjunction with the Target ID Legend, indicates the probable
identity of a detected target. The upper scale consists of
twenty (20) graphic segments for Target ID.

Equinox has 50. 10 in the ferrous range 40 in the Conductive

So to answer your question YES!

Are you saying the AT PRO only has 20 or 30 ID numbers? It has 99.
The Equinox has 40 ID numbers, so who is crunching ID's together?

Your trying to explain basic principles and math to close minded people here,I wouldn’t waste another minute graybeard.For What Its worth tho,I understand exactly what your saying,and trust me ,so does everyone else.This is a pride thing going on with a handful of equinox owners.Although the machine didn’t hold up to the hype they just can’t let it go.
I will say this,I liked everything about the equinox but the visual ID.If Minelab fixes that I’d buy another.I wouldn’t let pride keep me from owning a good machine,or getting rid of a bad one.

Your trying to explain basic principles and math to close minded people here,I wouldn’t waste another minute graybeard.For What Its worth tho,I understand exactly what your saying,and trust me ,so does everyone else.This is a pride thing going on with a handful of equinox owners.Although the machine didn’t hold up to the hype they just can’t let it go.
I will say this,I liked everything about the equinox but the visual ID.If Minelab fixes that I’d buy another.I wouldn’t let pride keep me from owning a good machine,or getting rid of a bad one.
Lol your posts get funnier and funnier. I owned the at pro, etrac, ctx, and nox800 all at the same time. I did not buy or keep my nox because of "pride". I can have any detector in that price range I want so it is not a financial thing either. I sold my at pro and etrac once i had enough time on the 800 to see it does everything those detectors do and more. I found loads of new finds and silver in areas I have been pounding with my at pro wearing 5x8, stock, and nel storm coils. And etrac wearing stock and 6 inch coiltek coils. That is why I sold them because of the RESULTS not because of foolish pride lol. Yes the nox target ID is not quite as good as the Etrac but the nox makes up for that in literally every other important category. And as far as the at pro that is not even worth discussing as it felt like an outdated toy compared to nox.

Of course I kept the ctx as it has better target ID and it is also water proof so it compares much better with nox and can do some things the nox can't. That being said I have only used my ctx twice since I purchased my nox800.

You can have your opinion and tell everyone why you sold yours but don't try to speak for other users. Saying they only keep it because they are fan boys or have too much pride to sell it. That is simply not true.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Luckily it's not findmall.. the idiot mod would have deleted anything negative about Minelab and left the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely see that there are fanboys for the Nox. That is partially why I started this thread. It seems people love it or hate it. I just want to have reasonable expectations. For me, $600 is a huge investment. I am not expecting a do it all machine with perfect vid on dimes 12 inches deep. But I also don’t want to feel like I was duped.

This is why I tell it like it is,so people aren’t spending hard earned money chasing a pipe dream.The original poster here wants a honest opinion,and my honest opinion is aside from the Visual ID the nox is a good machine..Fanboys just need to deal with the one flaw the machine has.Google The equinox ID and see how many threads come up with users from all over saying it’s inconsistent,,but you guys are drawing more attention to it by always quoting me,,and here we are again.Dont tell me I’m wrong,go chase the hundreds of others stating the ID is inconsistent in other multiple threads.lol..Trust me,that’ll keep ya busy for a long time,you’ll forget all about Woodbutcher.

From the ATP manual:

Target ID Cursor (Upper Scale)—The Target ID cursor, in conjunction with the Target ID Legend, indicates the probable identity of a detected target. The upper scale consists of
twenty (20) graphic segments for Target ID.

So to answer your question YES!

Graphic segments are not the same as the number range, which is 1-99 on the ATP... I've personally found 30-99 as potential good finds, depending on what you are hunting for..

<°)))>{

At least where I hunt, the Nox TID is not very accurate on high conductors, to put it mildly. That said, I find it a fun machine to use and I've been using it a lot lately. Late afternoon today, though, I left the Nox behind and took the Etrac out for a few hours in an old park. While I appreciated the Etrac's more accurate numbers and the depth of the Ultimate coil I had on it, I kept missing the Nox's bright display--bouncing numbers and all. Why Minelab couldn't have put a brighter LCD panel on the Etrac, I just don't understand...

We can argue our OPINIONS until the cows come home. What we can't argue is results. All one has to do is read the results of others. You can still lie to yourself, but everyone else will know reality.

Not a thing wrong with any of the detectors mentioned.

I just cleaned up this thread.. personal attacks on another member are not allowed... if they start up again vacations will be handed out... Everyone is allowed to have an opinion whether one agrees with it or not... if you don't like it... Handle it by ignoring it or do it in a civilized manner...

So, I got myself a 600. I only have an hour or so on it. But it is pretty easy to set up and adjust. It runs pretty quiet in park 2. Definitely deeper than my AT pro with the 5x8, and quieter too. I didn’t dig nearly as much trash as I expected. I detected an area with my AT pro and then grabbed the NOX. I was easily finding wheat pennies that my ATP had missed 10 earlier. My only gripe so far is the arm cuff is a little wide.

So, I got myself a 600. I only have an hour or so on it. But it is pretty easy to set up and adjust. It runs pretty quiet in park 2. Definitely deeper than my AT pro with the 5x8, and quieter too. I didn’t dig nearly as much trash as I expected. I detected an area with my AT pro and then grabbed the NOX. I was easily finding wheat pennies that my ATP had missed 10 earlier. My only gripe so far is the arm cuff is a little wide.
Sounds like it will be a good fit for you. It will only get better the more you use it and learn. Good luck and happy hunting!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom