• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Makro & Notka for sale in classifieds - why so many?

I like to try them all also,so I can relate.And some do this better,and some do that better..I know I’m not gonna find it all,and no machine is gonna find it all,regardless of make or model,trashy or clean area..I’m pretty much done chasing,and arguing which machine is best.Theyre all good,they’ll all find great things,and they’ll all get me outta the house and having fun.
,none of us are getting rich,,well,,maybe Mud is.lol

I am pretty much done chasing too, i have a few machines i will keep. I am tired of the chase.

Yeah, the never-ending search for the better coil or better machine, while unfortunately the limits of VLF technology stay much the same...

The obvious answer is they don't work as good as some people claim, unless you are looking for scrap metal.

Don't know what they "claimed", but the Racer 2 works very well in my environment. Finding the right setting is the key.

Everybody's chasing the next best thing ..That's the only reason 99 percent of all brand named machines are for sale..In reality they are all pretty much equel in finding coins and jewelery,but we all think the next one's gonna be better.lol

John Edmonton pretty much said the same thing when the Nox 800 began to ship. Know your machine and you will find stuff. If you're on a lot or field where there isn't any stuff, it won't matter what machine you use. You'll still find nothing.

Don't know what they "claimed", but the Racer 2 works very well in my environment. Finding the right setting is the key.

I used the Racer 2 in a field and only was able to dig scrap metal that it called coins. Pieces of metal 1 1/2" to 3" wide, 6" to 12" long and 1/4" to 3/4" thick. I was using 3 tone with the OOR coil 4.5"x5" even with the pieces on our porch not near any nails they give a good tone and number. They didn't give any iron sound or overload. I even set the tone break clear up to 79 and that didn't help.

I used other detectors going down the same corn rows and found coins, buttons and tokens that the Racer 2 couldn't find.

I used the Racer 2 in a field and only was able to dig scrap metal that it called coins. Pieces of metal 1 1/2" to 3" wide, 6" to 12" long and 1/4" to 3/4" thick. I was using 3 tone with the OOR coil 4.5"x5" even with the pieces on our porch not near any nails they give a good tone and number. They didn't give any iron sound or overload. I even set the tone break clear up to 79 and that didn't help.

I used other detectors going down the same corn rows and found coins, buttons and tokens that the Racer 2 couldn't find.

Interesting how different people have different experiences with the same detector. I don't use three tone but two tone works very well for me in pasture/homestead areas with lots of trash. Is there a better detector ? yea probably.
Three tone just seems extremely shallow to me.

I really like the Makro racer, so much I just bought a Racer 2. I was too late to listen to the hype,it's just as well that I didn't. I've had a lot of good finds with the racer, Maybe if I didn't, I might not like it so well ?

The Turkish Detectors have been a breath of fresh air -

Great for treasure hunters world-wide, oh and scrap dealers :laughing:

I like my Racer with the 5" DD. I only use it in the real thick nail ridden sites after I've had the Deus over it. Don't usually find a bunch of stuff but I have found plenty the Deus missed because it was being masked.

There's a used Impact for less than half price new advertised, less than a year old, the guy won't post he wants cash on collection, or else i'd have it, it's dirt cheap! The R2 has had a big discount in new prices as well.
The Impacts not been as popular as the Rutus here in the UK, used prices for the Alter 71 are still decent, and rumors of an upgrade for them to multi freq is rife.

You just get the feeling that's there's something else BIG coming not far down the road!

The Turkish Detectors have been a breath of fresh air -

Great for treasure hunters world-wide, oh and scrap dealers :laughing:

If scrap metal prices come up, I could use the Racer 2 and become rich and flood the market with scrap metal.

Would I only consider buying another Nokta/Makro detector if I wanted a partner for hauling scrap metal.:laughing::laughing:

Now that is novel -

Buy a Makro/Nokta to dig up a Fisher/Garrett :laughing::lol::laughing:

If you didn't know how to run the unit or didn't realize it was a defective single unit that you could have done something about , then why the months long Captain Crusader act against Makro/ Nokta?

Move on.

Back
Top Bottom