• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Waterproof headphones a must?

MargeShrimpson

Forum Supporter
I have a Garrett AT Max and plan ongoing freshwater hunting mostly around islands and sandbars. Do I really need waterproof headphones?

If there is any chance at all they will get wet, then yes, waterproof is a must. One stumble, fall, hole, etc and you'll drown them. Same reason non-waterproof detector in the wading zone of beaches is a gamble people eventually lose.

I have a Garrett AT Max and plan ongoing freshwater hunting mostly around islands and sandbars. Do I really need waterproof headphones?

I had the same question. If you do decide to buy waterproof headphones, I'd be interested in your review.

If you decide to use headphones that are NOT submersible, then buy a cheap pair incase you find a gold coin and get light headed and fall into the water.

Not needed at all..

Trust me, $11,000.00 in gold, and never had "waterproof phones....

<°)))>{

Just to add, I dunked my stock phones several times, took over five years of water hunting to finally kill them enough to drive me into buying another stock pair..

Unless you know someone like OBN, waterproof headphones all sound like junk...

<°)))>{

Just to add, I dunked my stock phones several times, took over five years of water hunting to finally kill them enough to drive me into buying another stock pair..

Unless you know someone like OBN, waterproof headphones all sound like junk...

<°)))>{

Guess I'll skip on the waterproof headphones. Thanks for the info

+1 ... I use cheapy earbuds with the wrap around thing-a-ma-bob. they never fall out, and don't make your ears sweat in the heat. I found a couple of sets (under $10) on amazon that had good reviews and was surprised at how good the sound was. They'll hold up to splashes and moisture for quite a while and at the price point, you can afford a new pair every six months. :D

This photo isn't the ones I bought, but is shows the part that wraps behind your ear.

Attachments

• earbuds.JPG
    earbuds.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 102

Worth mentioning...

Not sure what headphones the ATMax comes with, but make sure you use the kind the ATP comes with, which includes a waterproof connection to the machine..

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom