My First Silver Coin

DReeves

Well I got out today with a friend and got some time in swinging a machine. I dont have my at pro back yet so I used my friends ace 350. I was hunting an area around an old building around the 1700's. I was hunting around the base of a large tree when the machine started to scream at me. I dug a plug and pulled it out and in the plug I found what I think is a 1796 full bust dime. Not bad for my first siver.

Here are the pictures of the coin

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_2967.jpg
    IMG_2967.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,161
  • IMG_6890.jpg
    IMG_6890.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,154
You're kidding right? You've just found the coin I can only DREAM of finding and it's just a 'good' first?

:no:

That's worth at LEAST $5000.

WOW WOW WOW! That is a eye popping find it needs to be in that section! And your first silver.! Those are peoples dream finds and you say "not bad" . :wow2: :yes: We need better pics of this!

Ya know---this is the perfect example of beginner's dumb luck. I hate to break it to you, but there's nothing that can top your find. You will search for 50 more years and never find anything better. You've found the holy grail like it was nothing...

I have been MDing for about a year now and I have found lots of coins and other junk but this is my first silver coin. My AT Pro went back due to problems and the upgrade. I used my Friends Ace350 because he got a new minelab exployer. My machine is due back in a day or so. I know it will be hard to top but you never know what is under the next plug. I will try to get better pictures the first ones were taken with my phone.

Dave

first silver

WOW! thats fantastic, go back to that tree and grid the area if there is one coin there should be more. incredible find please post a few more pictures us coin collectors want a better look at that lady. good times.

I'm telling everyone I know about this one. Best single item find I've seen posted here. I hope all you did was rinse it in water...if you cleaned it or rubbed it in any way, the value will plummet dramatically.

Why does it always seem like the poeple who have hardly any posts are the ones finding coins nobody else will ever find. They made 22,135 of this coin. Just from these pics, it looks like this coin might be around EF40 or an $11k coin. If this is real and you truly found a 215 year old coin that has no tarnish on it at all and looks like it did the day it was minted, then sorry for my skepticism and congrats...

Why does it always seem like the poeple who have hardly any posts are the ones finding coins nobody else will ever find. They made 22,135 of this coin. Just from these pics, it looks like this coin might be around EF40 or an $11k coin. If this is real and you truly found a 215 year old coin that has no tarnish on it at all and looks like it did the day it was minted, then sorry for my skepticism and congrats...

word. Lol

I dont know what it is about the Garrett ACE series detectors but they seem to find more colonial goodies and Morgan silver dollars than anything Minelab or Whites comes out with, and again its from mostly beginners as well.

;)
I dont know what it is about the Garrett ACE series detectors but they seem to find more colonial goodies and Morgan silver dollars than anything Minelab or Whites comes out with, and again its from mostly beginners as well.

Garrett is paying customers to make finds like this.:lol:

Holy heck man, you have truly hit the jackpot, I am completely in awe. This is one incredible VERY EXPENSIVE find. I would take it to someone that is reputable and possibly have it inspected, and slabbed.

My cardiologist would have to be on call if this were me.

Congrats, ColoKid

WOW!!!!! Please tell us that you really dug this, and that you are not pulling our chains? Amazing!!!! Please post better pics soon.

This is almost too good to be true... your first silver coin is an early american silver worth thousands of dollars? Really? Hmm.

Back
Top Bottom