• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Show me your Tootsies...

Nortonics

Elite Member
...and maybe show me your little metal cars too! :p

Alright, time for a Tootsie Roll-Call. Show 'em if ya got 'em...

Found these two together this past Summer - Red Jaguar Roadster & Blue MG Roadster - both in the larger 3" scale size:

Jag%20&%20MG%20Tootsies.jpg

The Jag has what appears to be .177 cal. BB/pellet hole ventilating it's engine compartment - nice red target don't cha know? I found this exact car, in the exact same condition (minus the hole) on eBay with the following description:
XK-120 Jaguar Roadster - Die Cast - 3" - TootsieToy, Chicago, USA - Original Red, mostly gone - one tire missing - condition: fair

For a generally higher commanding price of $12.98

The MG fairs a similar physical description (minus all 4 tires on mine, but does have the axles) and color match to this eBay auction where it too is commanding a higher price of $29.97

MG Roadster - Die Cast - 3 1/8" - Tootsietoy, Chicago, USA - hard rubber tires - Original Blue - condition: very good

They'll go back into the Goodie Bucket and keep their fellow kin company... :)

Heres mine!!!!! I believe it's a 1953 Hudson Hornet Club Coupe

Attachments

• camera 6-7-08.jpg
    camera 6-7-08.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 5,745
hers some of my cars

there are a bunch of tootsie in the pics , and some newer ones , also i found this firetruck at about 5 inches and below it about a nother 3 inches i got the hubley crash car from the 1930s , 1st pic is of it out of the ground , 2nd one is after electrolosis for about 5 hours . i love finding old toy ,

Attachments

• grandkids 157.jpg
    grandkids 157.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 5,652
  • Dave Bill 2307.jpg
    Dave Bill 2307.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 5,627
  • Dave Bill 2308.jpg
    Dave Bill 2308.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 5,614
  • grandkids 153.jpg
    grandkids 153.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 5,607
  • grandkids 226.jpg
    grandkids 226.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 5,593
My three favorites, all found at sites after the houses were moved. The coupe is hard rubber(eyeballed) I refinished the Vette. The blue coupe must've been under a porch or something.

Attachments

• favorite finds 030 (Medium).jpg
    favorite finds 030 (Medium).jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 5,531
  • favorite finds 032 (Medium).jpg
    favorite finds 032 (Medium).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 5,554
  • favorite finds 028 (Medium).jpg
    favorite finds 028 (Medium).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 5,600
Here's mine, found a couple of months ago.
A K880 Battleship, circa 1940's

Attachments

• battleship.jpg
    battleship.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 5,346
Hers my one and only. The tow hitch disintegrated when I recovered it from the hole.

Funny thing. I havent seen another like it.

Attachments

• tootsi1.jpg
    tootsi1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 5,338
  • tootsi2.jpg
    tootsi2.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 5,352
Funny HA HA

OK, y'all had me on this one! The title caught my attention...... as I thought you were really talking about toes! I've never heard of the tootsie car's before! I thought maybe everybody was getting bored, and starting to take pictures of their toes to compare!!!!:lol::lol::lol: (I'm bored, but not that board..... but it did get me to look!)
GiGi

OK, y'all had me on this one! The title caught my attention...... as I thought you were really talking about toes! I've never heard of the tootsie car's before! I thought maybe everybody was getting bored, and starting to take pictures of their toes to compare!!!!:lol::lol::lol: (I'm bored, but not that board..... but it did get me to look!)
GiGi

Oh, come on GiGi, we want to see your tootsies! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom