Where do you sell....

txsteele

If you found a valuable piece (coin, ring, bracelett, etc...) where do you sell it???? I would think Craig's List , Pawn Shop, or other????

Where would you get the best price??

It all depends on what it is. Pawn shops are not a bad idea for selling jewelry, if your looking to get simply the melt value for the gold/silver or whatever the jewelry contains.

Any coin dealer will pay you money for your coin or coins, if its a really valuable coin you should probably get it graded to recieve top dollar for your find.

Im not sure about craigslist, its free though, so its not like your gonna lose anything by just throwing it on there and seeing if you get any hits.

-Kyle

Thanks ToyMachine,

What about a jewler if you came across a diamond ring or would the pawn shop be better? I haven't been that lucky yet but I'm sure my day will come:D:D:lol:

I agree about not using Craigs list. I don't think it's the right format to get top dollar. Also agree with using a coin dealer for coins. There's often coin shows that'll have many dealers at one site. You could also look up coin clubs. Curt

Jewelers will give you the melt value too, not the ring value. If it has diamonds or gems you will get more out of it. I found a $1600 value ring last year and the jeweler offered me $400... go figure! I just hold on to it all... when I get enough gold, maybe I'll have it melted to an small bar to pass down to my kids someday.

Ha! Killer signature by the way!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom