to sell or not to sell..

huntman

I decided I'd take a few things into jewler I had in dresser draw. And keep in mind I found the charm bracelet at recycle in a jewery box next to several other empty ones. (wish I had looked closer now. here's the offer from buyer: (A) charm bracelet $1000 (B)gold ring from retired employment $420 (C)1920's nursing pin's -two @$45/ea. (D) single charm (from recycle) $70 (E) small work insigna from my old work $30... these prices good until 6pm tomorrow night. couple small diamonds in watches he had no interest in as were batt. powered- said diamonds worth maybe $20 as just low-low grade and for looks. NOW he wants to price a sho box 'full' of brass/plastic/art deco 30's and 40's vintage jewery I have?

Well first of all, to GIVE you an educated answer can you give us the karat of the gold and the amount in grams that you have? We can tell you almost EXACTLY what you will get if you sell it somewhere else.

At this time we have NO idea if your being taken BUT can guess that you are.

That old stuff "plastic/brass Art-deco" might be worth something. Seems "RETRO" is in style right now. Can't hurt to have him look at it. There is no picture that we can look at these items with. Use this link

http://dendritics.com/metal-calc/ to see if the prices he's giving you are fair or not. This link was posted by another member of these forums and in a diff thread obviously. I cant remember who it was or I'd give them credit. Its got the current prices for precious metals. Just need to know the weight of what you want to price. Hope this helps. Just remember. Gold and silver WILL go back up. Its just a matter of time. Other reason to sell now is do you really need the cash NOW or is this just for some extra pocket money? Maybe some of those items some members might want to buy from you? Who knows. Hope you can get a picture up for us.

I didn't get the weight..

I watched him weight the stuff and he wrote down the value (what he would pay) and said he was at top of scale. He has good reviews and is known to be fair here. I can only forward pic's to a e-mail if someone wants to post for me-as I'm not good on pc at all (to old school). He had to take two charms off the 12 piece bracelet to get a weight as those two weren't gold. Can I buy a gram scale and weight myself? P.S. I could use the money but not desperate.

I watched him weight the stuff and he wrote down the value (what he would pay) and said he was at top of scale. He has good reviews and is known to be fair here. I can only forward pic's to a e-mail if someone wants to post for me-as I'm not good on pc at all (to old school). He had to take two charms off the 12 piece bracelet to get a weight as those two weren't gold. Can I buy a gram scale and weight myself? P.S. I could use the money but not desperate.

Him telling you what is top of the scale is a JOKE. What is top to him might not be top period. Take it somewhere else. maybe even the post office and get somebody to tell you the weight. Again even with a picture we can't really tell you a thing. I trust NOBODY. I worked at a pawn shop, I sold to lots of jewelery stores and I was a cop. Top to him could be peanuts. If you trust him just go for it and don't look back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-MINIBENC...=US_Pocket_Digital_Scales&hash=item5d434b56b6 This is a link to what I bought. Cheap, Small and works just fine. This way you can see just how "Top of scale" he really is. With this scale you can weigh it yourself, compare on that last link I posted for you and see what its FULL Value is. Try to get them as close to 80% as possible of it's melt value. OR Try to sell some of them to members here. If you want to add photo's here click "Advanced" at the bottom of where you type and then just above where you type click the little "PAPERCLIP" Thats for Attachments. Just click "Browse" button and go to where the picture is and click it. Then "Upload" button. You may want to open the pic in "Paint" first and shrink it down to an onscreen size of about 3"X5". Really easy once you do it a time or two. If you can attach them to an email you can attach them to a post really easy. Heck, You're half way there in knowledge.

Well first of all, to GIVE you an educated answer can you give us the karat of the gold and the amount in grams that you have? We can tell you almost EXACTLY what you will get if you sell it somewhere else.

At this time we have NO idea if your being taken BUT can guess that you are.

Him telling you what is top of the scale is a JOKE. What is top to him might not be top period. Take it somewhere else. maybe even the post office and get somebody to tell you the weight. Again even with a picture we can't really tell you a thing. I trust NOBODY. I worked at a pawn shop, I sold to lots of jewelery stores and I was a cop. Top to him could be peanuts. If you trust him just go for it and don't look back.

Why do you bother scuba. The aggrevation is going to give you stroke!:shock::lol::shock::lol:
Your to valuable to lose.
BH

Back
Top Bottom