Keep or sell?

TriggerHappy

I'm just wondering if you guys keep everything you find or sell it? If something is rare, I think it would be a tough choice. For me it would have to worth a lot to sell it.

I find it very hard to sell anything except newer silver coins. Everything else I put in displays for club show and tell.

I sell most of it unless my wife or kids want it.

The fun for me is just getting out and trying new equipment or locations!

I have not sold any of my finds yet. However, I have not found anything super valuable either though. :grin:

G2M

I've recovered some items that would probably make me a lot of cash, but I can't bring myself to sell them. I might loan them to the local historical society, so others can enjoy them, but I just couldn't see myself selling them. One item was a very intricately carved civil war bullet. (carved into an acorn and cuplet.)

After discussing it with my wife, I decided that having a big pile of coins would be more of burden than an asset and I have parted ways with the majority of my silver. She's happy to see the hobby paying for even more of itself.

I am still keeping the coins that I really enjoy looking at or because it sparks memories of a good day. I also just can't let the seated coins go - they are just too uncommon for me.

I have sold one item. It was a Standing Liberty Quarter. If I found other common coins that have any value, they would probably go too. Relics are not sold. I have given some buckles and arrow heads away to collectors and teachers, but that is it.

Doug

i do sell somethings like gold rings and some silver coins over the years.it goes toward new detecting equipment have paid for all of my equipment over the years.

I'm doing a bit of hoarding with my silver and gold. I'm waiting until I have a big enough pile to earn me some good money, unless I get to a point of needing money for an emergency or something unexpected. I save all my found clad and use that to purchase more gear when needed, which is how I purchased my Garrett pin pointer. Might as well say that the pin pointer was free :D

I generally like to keep my "first's", other than that I will sell or trade if I need cash or see something to trade for. It's all a matter of personal preference.

I have never sold a single silver since I started, have all 600+ that I have dug, leaving them all to my son when I pass on....I sell all wheats, all my junk relics go on ebay too.

I keep everything that is cool and put in display cases, but I hunt so much it is crazy for me to keep everything, a lot of stuff I consider junk, but I make lil lots of relics and sell em on ebay a few times a yr.

Back
Top Bottom