Keep or Sell

PAGiant

Wifey wants to know why I don't sell all my silver and Wheaties. I Never really gave it a thought. I pull them all out from time to time to look at then I put them away till next time. got a mason jar full of mercs and rosies maybe i should cash them in and get me the AT pro.

You guys cash or hoard your finds?

i'm a hoarder, the only thing i cash in is clad. i look at the silver and jewelry finds as something to hand down to my daughter when i'm gone......i just hope she doesn't cash it in for face value:shock: the way i look at it is the price of precious metals will only go up in future years so its also a good investment

i'm a hoarder, the only thing i cash in is clad. i look at the silver and jewelry finds as something to hand down to my daughter when i'm gone......i just hope she doesn't cash it in for face value:shock: the way i look at it is the price of precious metals will only go up in future years so its also a good investment

This sounds like me to,,thanks for saving me typing time,,put a note in
with the coins and stuff to give her a heads up,, that's what I'm doing.

Gave that a thought too. The value can only go up maybe even hang on to them for the grand babies when the come along.

Wish Wheaties would go up in value. I pull key dates and rest go into the Wheatie bucket. I could probably roll them up and sell whole rolls on Ebay.

I have two jars. One is marked Wheaties...the other is marked silver...thus far, they are both empty.

I sell all my dug wheats on ebay and average 7 to 8 cents each....lol

I would never sell my dug silver or fold, I am saving it all for my son

This sounds like me to,,thanks for saving me typing time,,put a note in
with the coins and stuff to give her a heads up,, that's what I'm doing.

the note is a good idea.......maybe i'll bury it and make a treasure map for my daughter ta find so that my wife can't get her hands on it while she's shoppin for a new boyfriend :lol:

Personally I will sell my silver when I get enough for a decent amount for melt value. If they are key dates and worth a lot then I will sell them. The only ones I plan on ever keeping are my first finds of each coin. Well unless some of those are worth a boat load of cash then I can part with them easily.

I sold my silver coins and rings last year...med bills...but I miss those finds. can't go back only forward!

My first thought was to sell any and everything until I pay for my MD then start hoarding. That was until my first good find was an 1831 capped bust 10 center. Now I am thinking keep the silver to put away for my kids and cash in the clad.

I have not even cashed in my clad..:lol: I have cleaned it but it is separated in different jars in my big treasure chest.:lol:

Well, all my good finds have been in change. Clad only so far with MD finds.

I get the clad back out into circulation, their old friends in circulation world want to know what had happened to them!! :lol:

Wheaties: They get rolled, when I have enough I will sell the rolls on Ebay or a coin shop.

Silver: Collect them for a while, sell them unless the price of silver plummets, then I will wait until it goes back up.

Key coins: Sell via a trustworthy auction place that deals with coins and currency.

Jewelery: Sell sell sell, don't need it, don't want it, just want the $$ that a jeweler would offer. I won't let them lowball me!!

I probably will keep a few things for, well whatever reason.

Back
Top Bottom