Out East we go ....

AIRFORCEMIKE

Forum Supporter
Another trip out east I went! Took my yearly drive with my amazing wife and Sonya from Team XP to a small town right outside Hershey Pa...ya the chocolate [emoji515] place . Trip was amazing like always..KG’s, Largies and relics were saved again as always and was able to spend the day with some awesome people. Also dug my first ox knob and this mystery camel button which many believe it was for the confederate Army Corp for the civil war that never happened but was a thing...ya strange to me also ..but many articles na out the confederate army buying camels to use in the war. My theory it’s a late 1800’s Sportsman’s button.
a1cee619c558691d9995b412a1f1c9a1.jpeg

Was able to detect when my buddy Brian from Diggers Den to Shawn Sherrill from old Team Whites now Team Garrett. We smoked a few sites and shared many stories. I encourage to get to know people here..engage and travel to meet and save history! You guys and ladies are amazing people in our community...enjoy
9afdf93386f660c65871cf7f277fafe2.jpg

6f8dc26e747a0fc23dea3f4550021e09.jpg

eb6ec57bdf28221c7e4a17b39ed573fc.jpg

4b8f70000f6035a7798220a578a20ef3.jpg

608f6cea23b25a792170a9ef6754e21f.jpg

78c6d2f6a3a6e5e4a864a6a01e8db488.jpg

4d47ddd7facf1df1f5d9b49348ee5573.jpg

471249a1c0c0c62b916730827e00f2c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a fun time and allot of fantastic finds. That's an awesome looking spot too. Congrats

Great show. But the LC is sick sick sick :sissyfight:

How deep was the kitten ?

Oh, and how do you get your wife to like detecting ? If you can bottle up that potion you slipped her, you can sell it to the rest of us, and retire as a millionaire !

Great show. But the LC is sick sick sick :sissyfight:

How deep was the kitten ?

Oh, and how do you get your wife to like detecting ? If you can bottle up that potion you slipped her, you can sell it to the rest of us, and retire as a millionaire !

Ya that largie is soooo nice and thanks Tom for the kind words. I am blessed to be able to share this hobby with her and she now is soooo good at it..I don’t have to tell her anything. Many firsts for her so very proud

What a great way to get in some time with friends and MDing to boot! Nice finds!

Nice day! I live just outside Hershey, where were ya?

Steve

All those were In Fredericksburg and Jonestown. Plan on being back again next year if I can squeeze it in between my Virginia trip and NY trip. Most likely and then maybe we can hook up

You always take some phenomenal photos, very nice finds and trip, congrats!

I almost like the picture thing as much as the discovery ..appreciate you buddy ..always have! Thanks for the kind words

On the Camel button, There were both US and Confederate Camel corps. I am not sure if they used different buttons or not, but your button resembles some shown as Confederate. Very nice find! I would try to find a button expert and have it verified!

On the Camel button, There were both US and Confederate Camel corps. I am not sure if they used different buttons or not, but your button resembles some shown as Confederate. Very nice find! I would try to find a button expert and have it verified!

Ya I really need to find some info on this button..it’s a neat piece definitely. Thanks for the input as well..keeps me wanting to figure it out

All those were In Fredericksburg and Jonestown. Plan on being back again next year if I can squeeze it in between my Virginia trip and NY trip. Most likely and then maybe we can hook up

I live outside Jonestown so sounds good!! Don't recognized that house though.

Steve

Looks like a great hunt with good friends - nothing better than that!

My wife has zero interest in going detecting with me (although she does like getting first pick of any bling I might find).

Looks like a great hunt with good friends - nothing better than that!

My wife has zero interest in going detecting with me (although she does like getting first pick of any bling I might find).

Ya my wife took interest right away and I’m blessed. This was really her first hardcore year with a lot of firsts. Thanks for the comments and i hope you continue to find some amazing stuff!!

Back
Top Bottom