• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Bucket Lister at Church Permission

Lee1968

Elite Member
I was able to get permission at a church in our little town this week. It was built in 1877, and I had high hopes to find a few silvers. It took me 2 days to do it right, and I was not disappointed. The first day, I found the 2 Barbers and the Mercury dime. I went back this morning to give it one more sweep, and I finally found my first Walking Liberty Half Dollar!! :D. I also managed several wheats, with the oldest being 1917. I have been looking for a Walker for years, and it was one of the first targets this morning. I was so happy as it is one of the nicest looking coins they ever minted in my humble opinion. Thanks for looking, and happy hunting!

20200604_114435 - Edited.jpg

20200604_114512 - Edited.jpg

20200604_114538 - Edited.jpg

20200604_114604 - Edited.jpg

20200604_114629 - Edited.jpg

Great scores! I just got my first Walker last month and it sure is crazy seeing something that big and shiney come out of the dirt! At least until the Dollar comes along! Maybe someday.. :mder:

I was able to get permission at a church in our little town this week. It was built in 1877, and I had high hopes to find a few silvers. It took me 2 days to do it right, and I was not disappointed......

Awesome. I usually haven't noticed churches really producing much, or they were detected long ago. Good for you for following through.

Did you find any relics associated with the church they might want to have? Sometimes there aren't any high conducting relics, so they never come up unless I'm digging mid tones for nickels, tokens, buttons, etc...

Congrats on that big silver, your right about it being the best looking coin. Hopefully they'll come more often now it's no longer a bucketlister.

Great scores! I just got my first Walker last month and it sure is crazy seeing something that big and shiney come out of the dirt! At least until the Dollar comes along! Maybe someday.. :mder:

Thanks! A dollar would be nice!!

Awesome batch of silvers, BIG Congrats! The Walker is one of my favorite coin designs as well, Sweet find!

Thanks!

Awesome. I usually haven't noticed churches really producing much, or they were detected long ago. Good for you for following through.

Did you find any relics associated with the church they might want to have? Sometimes there aren't any high conducting relics, so they never come up unless I'm digging mid tones for nickels, tokens, buttons, etc...

Nothing related to the church. I did find a bale seal and "made in China" ring. I sent pictures of everything I found to the lady that gave me the permission, along with a Thank You card as is my normal practice.

Congrats on your terrific finds. Love those Barber dimes.

Thanks!

Congrats on that big silver, your right about it being the best looking coin. Hopefully they'll come more often now it's no longer a bucketlister.

Thanks! I hope so. :D

She's a beauty, Lee (the Walker). and a Merc and two Barbers to round out the silver day. Nice that it wasn't stained and badly worn.

Nice finds! Congrats on your first Walker too! I remember my first and only Walker like it was yesterday. My buddy Pastor Bob and I have had some great luck at old churches and old church sites. They can be feast or famine for sure though.

Welcome to the Walker club👍 Come right in and sit in the leather chair, I will present you with a cigar in a moment.
:cool3:

Churches are great places to hunt because they were the social centers of a community. Almost everybody gathered there.

I have a permission at a church that dates to 1840 and I’ve found several seated coins and IHs there. Recently curb strip hunted another one and came home with a nice Walker. A third gave me a broken bronze angel and an axe head.

WOW! That church has really produced - congrats on the fantastic finds! Maybe some folks in the church have old houses or farm ground you can now get permission on

Really cool, I work at a church I never thought about digging here. Built in 1867, it's a old Catholic church. I'm the maintenance man here. I'm not thinking.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

OMG , please read my new post I started. I don't want to hijack your thread.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Awesome finds Lee! It sure looks like she was dropped in excellent condition! Nice job

Back
Top Bottom