APEX, Simplex or Vanquish?

Yeah...I went straight to 2.77 out of the box so I didn't have to deal with the menu issue. How they have it now seems to work out very well. Only once have I had the menu time out on me but that's because I got distracted and stopped doing what I was doing for a few seconds.

Yeah the update is good one. For the cost of this detector, I may have to revisit The Simplex sometime in the future. Good luck Nubster!

Well a couple things.... I'm tall so extending shaft anywhere close to as long as I need it made it so wobbly. The most floppy detector I've ever owned easily. Modulation seemed off, after setting volume to my liking, running over test bed in my yard, 6-8 inch targets sounded good, swing around in my yard and hit a shallow target and it blew my ears off. So i adjusted volume again so those would not hurt my ears and went back over coins in test garden and they were gone. Also had too much popping and cracking in the sounds. Things just seemed off to me. But I do have sensitive ears as I like tones like equinox, atpro , deus, orx etc. On a side note, Turkey and United States may not be getting along too well now and very soon could be worse. Just saying.

C'mon man you just can't say that and leave us hanging.

Why did you hate it, did you own one or just try one out?

I have been thinking about getting one just because they are so cheap and all the good reviews.[/QUOTE]

It was advised to me to not run the Simplex at full sensitivity on most soils. I dialed mine back a notch or two and it helped.

Floppy shaft, yes. I agree. I did a DIY mod that helped. Nokta has a new middle shaft coming soon that's 4" longer so the lower shaft can stay inserted further in which should help. I wonder if the new ones will be offered at discount to anyone that actually needs it? Doubt it but it would be nice since the floppy lower shaft is a design defect.

More coils coming very soon. 5x9 and an 8.5" round. Both double-D.

It was advised to me to not run the Simplex at full sensitivity on most soils. I dialed mine back a notch or two and it helped.

Floppy shaft, yes. I agree. I did a DIY mod that helped. Nokta has a new middle shaft coming soon that's 4" longer so the lower shaft can stay inserted further in which should help. I wonder if the new ones will be offered at discount to anyone that actually needs it? Doubt it but it would be nice since the floppy lower shaft is a design defect.

More coils coming very soon. 5x9 and an 8.5" round. Both double-D.

Agree, I was running mine in the first Park mode Sunday I think 2 notches down and I has pretty happy with it. they yard I was in is full of trash and I was very pleased with what all I found. The sensitivity definitely works. You can see if by raising and lowering it over the same target.

Is the shaft MOD something there is a write up for, or something you came up with on your own? I immediately noticed the flop in it but I was able to find a happy medium I can live with for now.

All in all I am very happy with it. Battery life is great even running open audio. Ran it several hours straight on Sunday and still had over half battery power left. ;)

Not sure there's a write up. Someone just told me what they did on Facebook so I did it too and it works pretty well. It's just inserting 3 carbon fiber arrow shafts inside the lower detector shaft and cutting them flush or cutting first and inserting which is what I did. It's a VERY tight fit and I had to use a hammer to drive the third arrow in. It did ever so slightly swell the lower shaft so now it doesn't collapse into the middle shaft all the way but I'm ok with that in exchange for a stiffer lower shaft. I'd probably try the new longer middle shaft (4" longer) Nokta is about to release first and if that isn't enough then try the arrow mod or some other version of inserting something into the lower shaft to stiffen it. I'll probably end up getting the new middle shaft in addition to what I already did if the cost isn't too high. Nokta is also coming out with a carbon shaft in a few months. Not sure if it's a complete replacement or only one section.

You cannot go wrong with the simplex or the vanquish,can’t speak about the apex cause I haven’t used it..
Lots of great opinions here and everyone is right in they’re wants and needs.But you'll do great with the vanquish or the simplex,Both are worthy machines.

Last edited:
In the UK the new Apex with wireless headphones is £520 - $657.
It would be interesting to know how much it is in the US.

Without headphones it's £60 - $76 less.

I would add that I am NOT in the market for any metal detector.

In the UK the new Apex with wireless headphones is £520 - $657.
It would be interesting to know how much it is in the US.

Without headphones it's £60 - $76 less.

I would add that I am NOT in the market for any metal detector.

$491 USD with headphones.

Around $425 USD without.

That's through Kellyco. I'm sure you could get a slightly better deal from smaller independent dealers if you asked around. Maybe another couple % off but I wouldn't expect much less.

$491 USD with headphones.

Around $425 USD without.

That's through Kellyco. I'm sure you could get a slightly better deal from smaller independent dealers if you asked around. Maybe another couple % off but I wouldn't expect much less.

I imagine that does not include local taxes ?

Interesting. As I said I'm not in the market for a machine, but there's always
been a difference in prices between Europe and the US. It's been discussed
many times.
The US is a much bigger market with more competition between retailers.

Just be thankful you're not in Australia...those folks get gutted compared to most other countries, at least for imported products. It's insane. I'm sure there's plenty of pros to living there as well...but cost of goods certainly isn't one of them.

I wonder if it was a mistake to make it in yellow, which will mean people
will compare it to the Ace ?

Back
Top Bottom