Big Silver in a Public Park Today.

Congrats on the Benny, I got and spent a few of those as a kid and now can locate nary a one.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Great job scoring that Benny, SW!! That’s a major bucket lister for me! In fact, I’ve only ever dug one half - a clad Kennedy that was dinged and bent by a lawnmower. I’d have been thrilled with the old transit token, too. I’m a sucker for any token, but the ones with cut out designs are even more eye catching to me :cool3:

I’ve had a surprising amount of success with my EQ800 at the old local parks, too - the target separation achieved by the machine is phenomenal...and that’s with the stock coil! I should probably give my 6” coil another chance - I have a hard time adjusting my swing to compensate for the lack of coverage, so it’s been collecting dust.

Thanks Skippy. I like those old transit tokens too. There are a couple variations/sizes and a square shaped child's fare one that is cool too.

Have you found any tax tokens or the buggy token from the Geneological Society? (I think it was an old Parking Validation Token, available through about 1995).

SLC has so much cool history in the area. One of the places I've often wanted to go detect is the Grantsville area There's one old Church there, that is now a private residence. Brigham Young spoke there several times. Definitely an 1800's area!

Cheers,

Skippy

Have you found any tax tokens or the buggy token from the Geneological Society? (I think it was an old Parking Validation Token, available through about 1995).

SLC has so much cool history in the area. One of the places I've often wanted to go detect is the Grantsville area There's one old Church there, that is now a private residence. Brigham Young spoke there several times. Definitely an 1800's area!

Cheers,

Skippy

I've found many different parking/transit tokens. I don't recall finding one from the Geneological Society though. I DO need to get out on the West if SLC, Grantsville being one of the areas. Lots of those smaller communities have great history. (At least for this area) Still looking for one of those old Mormon gold coins Brigham had struck!

I do find many of the old Utah State tax tokens from the 30s and 40s. They are aluminium and don't come out of the ground looking too good. Boy, they sound like a deep silver dime each time though.

Attachments

• 20200602_130623_copy_600x800.jpg
    20200602_130623_copy_600x800.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom