• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My wife does not understand me!

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I know, I am about to sound like Rodney Dangerfield.

I have been waiting on my Vanquish 540 since April 9th. According to the post office tracking # it is on the deliver truck to be delivered some time today.

We have been cooped up at home more or less two weeks. So today she wants us to go to Sams for groceries, 15 miles further to pick up some grass seed and take both cars to the car wash.

I told her I was waiting on the postman for my new detector delivery. She replied nothing will happen to it. Hmm, I see on nextdoor.com all the ring doorbells videos of porch pirates that are numerous in our area. It is the new wave of crime, from your porch to their eBay listings.

She then replied, will it would have been insured, and I replied yeah and I have to wait how long for the insurance claim to process and order a new one with a 12" and 8" coil?

She fails to understand that waiting on a new detector is like Christmas and Birthday rolled into one for me, with a major difference. It is not a package of bloody socks and underwear but rather something that I really want.

Do your deliveries usually tend to come earlier in the day or later ?

If deliveries usually come earlier you could say we'll go right after it arrives.

Personally I'd be leery about leaving any delivery that costs a lot outside for any length of time simply because of the weather, our location we have less concern for thieves, but I still would not want to leave it sitting in the hot sun or if it might rain.

Hopefully you and your wife can come to an agreement, with having to shelter-in-place you definitely want to stay on happy terms :lol:

Edit to add: If you know your mail carrier's route maybe you could track them down and get it sooner, usually if you can show your driver's license to prove your identity and address I would think they'd let you have it.

I recently bought an Equinox 800. I received an alert that it was out for delivery so I texted the wife to be on the look out for it. Luckily for me she was home to grab it once it was delivered. The reason I say that is that it was left on my porch, in plain site of the street and it was not in another box. The original box was shrunk wrapped, that's it. You could see exactly what it was. Lucky for me it was treated well by the carrier and had no damage, but I was sweating it until I got it set up and tested.

I recently bought an Equinox 800. I received an alert that it was out for delivery so I texted the wife to be on the look out for it. Luckily for me she was home to grab it once it was delivered. The reason I say that is that it was left on my porch, in plain site of the street and it was not in another box. The original box was shrunk wrapped, that's it. You could see exactly what it was. Lucky for me it was treated well by the carrier and had no damage, but I was sweating it until I got it set up and tested.
Lucky it wasn't your package of adult toys or life size doll in saran wrap...

My favorite Rodney Dangerfield joke:

"My wife and I were happy for 25 years.... then we met each other."

:lol:

Do your deliveries usually tend to come earlier in the day or later ?

If deliveries usually come earlier you could say we'll go right after it arrives.

Personally I'd be leery about leaving any delivery that costs a lot outside for any length of time simply because of the weather, our location we have less concern for thieves, but I still would not want to leave it sitting in the hot sun or if it might rain.

Hopefully you and your wife can come to an agreement, with having to shelter-in-place you definitely want to stay on happy terms :lol:

Edit to add: If you know your mail carrier's route maybe you could track them down and get it sooner, usually if you can show your driver's license to prove your identity and address I would think they'd let you have it.

For them to hand it to you before they deliver it to your house, that is wishful thinking. I have tried to pick up a package instead of waiting for it to be delivered, was told I could not do that.

For them to hand it to you before they deliver it to your house, that is wishful thinking. I have tried to pick up a package instead of waiting for it to be delivered, was told I could not do that.

We live in a small town so not sure if this is possible for larger towns, but I have had times in the past where if I called my local post office early in the morning BEFORE the carrier left on their route I could ask that they hold the package for in-person pick-up at the post office, but that was way before the Coronavirus so not sure if it could be done now.

We must be near the end of the route as our mail usually comes later in the day.

I'm trying to remember if I ever picked up the mail from the truck on the route, I think I did once a very long time ago, I kinda remember wanting to show the carrier my driver's license, but he said no problem he recognized me. (I guess from one of the times I was in the yard when he delivered)
(that may not be the norm, but in a small town sometimes they are flexible I guess)

delivery on porch

I have been waiting on my Vanquish 540 since April 9th. According to the post office tracking # it is on the deliver truck to be delivered some time today.

We have been cooped up at home more or less two weeks. So today she wants us to go to Sams for groceries, 15 miles further to pick up some grass seed and take both cars to the car wash.

I told her I was waiting on the postman for my new detector delivery. She replied nothing will happen to it. Hmm, I see on nextdoor.com all the ring doorbells videos of porch pirates that are numerous in our area. It is the new wave of crime, from your porch to their eBay listings.

She then replied, will it would have been insured, and I replied yeah and I have to wait how long for the insurance claim to process and order a new one with a 12" and 8" coil?

She fails to understand that waiting on a new detector is like Christmas and Birthday rolled into one for me, with a major difference. It is not a package of bloody socks and underwear but rather something that I really want.
If that was a new Coach purse she wanted being left in a box on the porch it would be a whole diffrent story. :laughing::laughing:

We live in a small town so not sure if this is possible for larger towns, but I have had times in the past where if I called my local post office early in the morning BEFORE the carrier left on their route I could ask that they hold the package for in-person pick-up at the post office, but that was way before the Coronavirus so not sure if it could be done now.

We must be near the end of the route as our mail usually comes later in the day.

I'm trying to remember if I ever picked up the mail from the truck on the route, I think I did once a very long time ago, I kinda remember wanting to show the carrier my driver's license, but he said no problem he recognized me. (I guess from one of the times I was in the yard when he delivered)
(that may not be the norm, but in a small town sometimes they are flexible I guess)

Town size is around 2500 people. Was told their policy would not allow the package to be picked up unless they left a note in the mailbox, saying we had a package that they attempted to deliver to us.

I'm just not sure what is wrong with detectorist's spouses. Its like they dont understand......is there something wrong with detectorist in general that we are drawn to a partner that simply cant understand the gravity of digging silver dimes or rusty horseshoes or similar treasures. What is wrong with them? And why are we drawn to such hopeless souls?

Last edited:
Town size is around 2500 people. Was told their policy would not allow the package to be picked up unless they left a note in the mailbox, saying we had a package that they attempted to deliver to us.

I understand, and you are likely right that that is the normal procedure for all areas, they likely made an exception for me since it was not something I asked that often and being a very small post office it was likely not much effort to locate my package to hold it for pick up. It has been a long time since I had a package held for pick up.

Here is a weird one for you guys. THE KOBs wife knows how important it is for him to detect. And she is ok with that. Because I'm going to do it regardless of what she thinks. Now the weird part.

When I come home from a hunt and I got a gold that she likes , she will take that and say " I really like this one", " I will wear this all the time". Ok , no biggie to me. Then it goes right back in her jewelry box , never to be worn. So the box starts to build up and I decide after awile she's never going to wear them. For every 1 or 2 she puts in there , I take 1 out to be sold. She hasn't said a word. She is either oblivious to what I'm doing or she knows exactly what I'm doing and doesn't care. IDK. What I do know is she ain't getting gold rings to just sit in her jewelry box.

If I told my better half something was important to me and I want to wait for my delivery and if she did not just say ok like water off her back then honestly it's the beginning of the end. I wonder what she would do if you tried to stop her from getting her hair colored, nails done and go shopping with her friends for hours.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

I told her I was waiting on the postman for my new detector delivery. She replied nothing will happen to it...…….

……..sooooo, how'd it turn out ? Did you wait for it to arrive and if so are you (hopefully) still on happy terms with your wife ? :lol:

Just tell her you are listening to the gov recommendations that both adults should not go out together...
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom