How long has it been lost in the water?

cdv

Elite Member
Some things you find in the water just make you wonder who lost it and how long has it been there.... did it travel far from where it was lost? How do you know, you can only speculate......Unless you find a camera.... yesterday, I found a camera and even though it was a waterproof one, it was encrusted with sand in the area of the battery and SD card location. It cleaned up pretty darn good too but sadly the locks that keep the battery/SD card slots covered where shot and there was no hope in saving the camera....I had to break into the camera to save the SD card and it answered all my questions.... the photo's are dated of course so I know it was lost Feb 7, 2012 and didn't move from where I found it.... Now the question, how many hunters have passed over this target in the past 16 months? I'm sure most here know where this was found from the photo.... the young lady in the photo was intentionally blurred due to her age...
I did manage a two ring day too..... sadly Titanium and Stainless.....

Good luck out there.

Cliff

Attachments

• 2013-05-21 18.38.10.jpg
    2013-05-21 18.38.10.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 467
  • fuji pic.jpg
    fuji pic.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 481
I use a Fuji like it and it's a great little camera!

I make a point of keeping it out of the water even though it is supposed to be waterproof to 10'.

CJ

I found a phone at a popular boat place last year and the pictures were from 2 years prior. The place gets hunted so hard I know it was passed up at one point in time. Sometimes there are 10 hunters out there.

They arent always passed up...... some i believe get dug and tossed right back in the water rather than taken out its sad to say. We all know that. Hey.... but who knows could be some sand moving too. Wouldnt that be nice? At least you are starting to find some rings ... they were getting had to find.

Dew

Too bad the camera is toast. You would think it would float but I guess not. Good to see you are "practicing" looking for rings. :D That spot probably has had some sand movement. Looks like the area where they rent those water trikes. I try to hit the jet ski and other water rentals. Lots of stuff lost there.

Too bad the camera is toast. You would think it would float but I guess not. Good to see you are "practicing" looking for rings. :D That spot probably has had some sand movement. Looks like the area where they rent those water trikes. I try to hit the jet ski and other water rentals. Lots of stuff lost there.

Almost where they rent the jet skis. I do know what you mean about the stuff lost near the rental areas.

Cliff

I found the exact same camera in white on Newport beach 2 weeks back.
The camera was flooded and i had to bash it open to retrieve the sd card. 32gb fortunately,so well worth bringing home.
Couldn't get the card to work initially because water had got in where the small overwrite switch is, but eventually got it working.
Half a dozen video clips including the last video it made of 2 kids playing in the sea promptly followed by it falling to the seabed where it carried on running for 7 minutes before stopping. so..... In case you wanted to know about how long one of these things can run under water, i think you have an answer.

I had a camera like that but blue in color. It lasted until my kids thought it would make a good dolphin. The doors open to easy on the older models of that camera.

Found a camera myself last summer. The ups an downs of MDing. lol. I figured it was a regular camera, and was toast. Put in pocket an continued hunting. Before I left I took the camera out of my pocket to check it out. Wouldn't ya know, it was recording. Waterproof cam, 300 dollar score! Next hunt, lookin for them new booties. And it hit me. Left them at place I found cam, down 90 bucks or something like that. Furious at myself for that.

Nice find there. hh an gl. -Joe

Its a nice thing that you have got so many cameras. But why shouldn't a single one for me. Can anybody tell.!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom