Found Keys, MD Freaks Out

Dirt Nuker

Elite Member
A quick hit-and-run visit to the totlot yesterday. Worked my way to a corner and the Ace 250 goes absolutley freaking nuts. Almost everything registered a hit on the display and the Ace sounded like a slot machine winning a jackpot. About 4" down were two janitor-sized keyrings on carabiners with about a total of about 75 keys on them. House keys, padlocks, motorcycle keys, car keys, desk keys and even a magnetic electric door key.

I keep all the keys I find just for the heck of it and in the last year have only found maybe a dozen. As much as I would like to add them to my collection, I might post a flyer at the totlot in case somebody lost them.

I have hit keys on the beach with my ACE and man they do set off the detector.

I have hit keys on the beach with my ACE and man they do set off the detector.

yup, they sure do!
i guess between the brass keys, some are aluminum, the iron ring (or possibly stainless) you've got quite a variety of metals all bunched together and every signal is trying to outdo the next, haha. :lol:

Pete

I once found a large ring of keys in a park where the grass had just been mowed. I figure the person doing the mower must have lost them. They had one of those tags from a local grocery store that say they will return them if found. I took them to the store and the woman looked at them and threw them in a bottom drawer with a number of other key rings. I don't believe that they made any attempt at returning them.

Back
Top Bottom