Nox (600) park 2 advice?

Bajanick

Elite Member
Ive been using Park 1 and its been great, changing things around a bit and getting good results and feel real comfortable.
When i try to use Park 2 its like listening to a schizophrenic casio keyboard from the 1980s :fright:
Any tips to using Park 2? Or maybe i should stick to what works for me. :neo:

Thanks.

I use Park 1 with 50 tones so it sounds like Park 2. You get used to the symphony of sound and are able to hear everything AND pick out the good ones. Just takes practice.

Ive been using Park 1 and its been great, changing things around a bit and getting good results and feel real comfortable.
When i try to use Park 2 its like listening to a schizophrenic casio keyboard from the 1980s :fright:
Any tips to using Park 2? Or maybe i should stick to what works for me. :neo:

Thanks.

Are you doing 50 Tones in Park 1 or 5 Tones?

if so just change Park 2 to use 5 Tones as well..

Also paying attention. I am in the same boat. Been doing really well with Park 1. But when I switch to park 2 it seems like my IDs fall a couple numbers and it lights up on every tiny thing. Other guys swear by park 2.

I had been using park 2 for along time 5 tones iron bias 0, recovery speed 6(For trashy places). I noticed I get cleaner tones with recovery speed 4.

Last edited:
For whatever reason I get less falsing iron in Park2. I use 5 tones iron bias 0, recovery 6. I may need to lower recovery speed and see what happens. I had been using Park2 exclusively and had found all my silver up until recently with it in Park2. Silver included some really deep Mercs and an SLQ in bad iron using it. I had switched on recommendations from others to Park1, and have been in it lately because it supposedly hits silver better. Like I said I found Park1 to fool me on falsing iron more than Park2 did. So I am still trying to figure out what works best for me Park1 or Park2.

Park 2 uses more of the higher frequencies available on the Nox and will pickup smaller objects. It helps to penetrate the high mineralization where I live and cleans up the audio response and target IDs on mid and lower conductors. I use 5 tones. It can be noisy if you have lots of small mid and low conductors in your area like tiny foil, tiny can slaw or iron particles, stuff that most handheld pinpointers will have trouble hitting on. I actually use it for gold prospecting when I want more than one tone audio.
Jeff

Why don't you clone the same customization of Park 1 to Park 2. As jmaclen said, the '2' modes use higher frequencies so the only differences will only frequencies and less to learn since the behavior are the same.

I sometimes switch from my user profile based on Park 1 to the default 50 tone park 2 when I see and hear a high conductor flash in a cluster of targets/trash but I can't pinpoint the best signal. I'll switch to park 2 and sweep and waggle until I can locate the highest conducting spot. Works better in that situation than the regular pinpointing feature.

Last edited:
one additional difference in park 1 and 2 is that 1 had more discrimination.

Back
Top Bottom