Nox's 2nd hunt (GOLD CHAIN!!!!)

Joshc214

Whelp, this is the main reason I bought an equinox.. they say it can find gold chains, only my second hunt and BAM! Best find to date. Also managed to pick up a small gold earring and silver ring.

This makes 4 golds in 2 hunts, over 80 grams of gold already.

I ended up getting really lucky with the gold chain. When I ran the nox over it it sounded like a lot of little pieces of foil or something along with a louder hit from the pendant. After 2 attempts of trying to dig it up with my stealth 720i scoop I was about to move on assuming it was tiny pieces of trash or foil. Luckily on my last attempt I got the pendant in the scoop.

I think if the pendant wasn't on the necklace I may have moved past this target... knowing from my excal days whenever there's a bunch of little blips 90% of the time its bits of foil, however, moving forward now that I know what a gold necklace sounds like I'll be a lot more patient trying to dig targets like this.

Gonna see if I can go 3 for 3 tomorrow :)

Attachments

• 20190420_125053.jpg
    20190420_125053.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 778
Is there any carat marks on the chain or pendant? The chain and crown look suspect to me... looks like the gold is wearing off... by the dark area's..

Any detector would have found a chain with a pendant on it...

Craig...... i could have broken a toe on that baby....:laughing: Ya the crown looks a little suspect so you need to look for the K marking on it or get her checked out. China is killing us with plated stuff right now..... ugh.

Is there any carat marks on the chain or pendant? The chain and crown look suspect to me... looks like the gold is wearing off... by the dark area's..

Any detector would have found a chain with a pendant on it...

Yep, its all marked 10k in multiple places and the gold crown is marked 10k rose, probably why it looks a little darker. I did a magnet test, 0 attraction on the chain and pendant, also did an acid test and both the chain and pendant passed, I then looked up the makers mark, and that checked out as well, it's italian made.

Last edited:
Super find. Mammoth actually.
Congrats.

Lot of yeller with that one. Blinding!!

Key I think. It’s your second hunt with a new detector to you.

Go Nox.

You may want to report your experience and finds here.
https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/success-stories

Thanks! I took a break for a year + from detecting, might have renewed my beginners luck card :) It is a great machime though, especially for water hunts and you can't beat the target separation this nox has.

I'll check out that minelab link...

There's no doubt that the Nox is better on finer-chains. But with a monster like that, I think that most all standard machines would have got it.

VERY IMPRESSIVE chunk of gold, no matter how you slice it though !

Back
Top Bottom