• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

EQX 800 wearing monster 15x12 coil scores a KO in first round 2.5 minutes in.

Thanks for the info, Sharpshooter, and congrats on the finds! I enjoy reading your posts about the EQ800, and have learned much. Perhaps its the tech, but Ive noticed that the 800 can pin down targets quite well when I pinpoint them on and off several times. I also have noticed that even with my stock 11" coil, it can separate masked targets after I swing over them several times, and then really slow down the swing when I hear the desired tone. It seems to isolate on that desired target. Its a great machine!

Nice to see the big coil picking up something that small, I have yet to take mine out

Thanks for the info, Sharpshooter, and congrats on the finds! I enjoy reading your posts about the EQ800, and have learned much. Perhaps its the tech, but Ive noticed that the 800 can pin down targets quite well when I pinpoint them on and off several times. I also have noticed that even with my stock 11" coil, it can separate masked targets after I swing over them several times, and then really slow down the swing when I hear the desired tone. It seems to isolate on that desired target. Its a great machine!

You are welcome.
Nox gives tone on sides of on edge thin finds. May give tone on both ends.
And you’ll dig and be off. Been there and done that. All really but the little 6” coil. Seems one don’t need pinpoint at all with it really for x marks the spot for digging.

Nice to see the big coil picking up something that small, I have yet to take mine out

I don’t know just how small nonferrous the biggest coil can strike vs stock coil. But so far like what I see. More use this week hopefully. And hopefully more reporting by me even if no worthier finds found. At least maybe I can have better idea of how small.

May take half dime to site and bury and play with some. Even place on edge and compare stocker and 15x12 coil.

I may be on to something though. Good chance some actual Nox detectable half dimes, 3 cent pieces of silver and nickel may be evading folks if all they are using is park 1 and park 2. Field 2 better here on these. Yet field 2 use may allow some other good finds to slip by.
So Eqx is multiple detectors in one it seems.

Back
Top Bottom