My life is kinda tough with a Manic/depression wife!

metaladdict

Elite Member
She has Two year cycles. Right now shes manic and spending our cash and credit cards to the max....Sooo I am making the bank account only in my name.Any one else have this issue? I will accept your prayers.:yes:

She has Two year cycles. Right now shes manic and spending our cash and credit cards to the max....Sooo I am making the bank account only in my name.Any one else have this issue? I will accept your prayers.:yes:
Get used to it.....or not.
For 12 years I got threatened once or twice a year with divorce (first of the year was consistent, the second one in July didn't always happen) until I finally got tired of the emotional yo-yo and told her to go for it.

Good luck!

Get used to it.....or not.
For 12 years I got threatened once or twice a year with divorce (first of the year was consistent, the second one in July didn't always happen) until I finally got tired of the emotional yo-yo and told her to go for it.

Good luck!

Sorry about that.
I am staying with mine, she doesnt threaten me.😊;)

Hey Metal. You have my prayers and thoughts. If your ever over this way it’d be good to chat. Hang in there and do what you can, but take care of you too.

Sorry to hear that, and prayers for both of you as it has got to be tough on both you and her and I commend your commitment to stand by her thru this !

It helps a lot if the person realizes they have a problem and wants help. It was a very long time ago but I know a person who had that same basic problem and prayer and faith really did help, that person still no longer has that problem even after all these years so please stay encouraged !

I built my home about the same time I married, and paid off my six-figure mortgage and $30k+ of my wife’s debt that she brought into the marriage, worked my tail off and was debt-free in ten years time.

Three years ago I discovered she had another debt load of over six-figures :mad:
Had to refinance house, tried to work with her on her debt (several cards in the 26% interest rate), etc, she served me divorce papers and I started drinking for awhile.

We’ve since worked things out and it’s been a bumpy ride.
Hate to say it but if I were single I’d be very well off.
Good luck!

Yeah my ex wife used to always accuse me of fooling around because i was working all the time. She would spend thousands on clothes, shoes. dolls, etc. House looked like a hoarder house with new tags still on everything. I think a friend of mine who works at a flea market paid for a new house and car with the stuff i had to chunk out to be able to move around. Also had to clear out a 10x20 storage unit full to the ceiling. If i was still with her i would be living under a tree somewhere. Still have PTSD from that krap.

Hey Metal. You have my prayers and thoughts. If your ever over this way it’d be good to chat. Hang in there and do what you can, but take care of you too.
Thanks G.S. If I get up your way, I will contact you.
Sorry to hear that, and prayers for both of you as it has got to be tough on both you and her and I commend your commitment to stand by her thru this !
Thanks Gkl.
It helps a lot if the person realizes they have a problem and wants help. It was a very long time ago but I know a person who had that same basic problem and prayer and faith really did help, that person still no longer has that problem even after all these years so please stay encouraged !
Thanks, Im generally a very positive guy.
Good luck!
Thanks.
Yeah my ex wife used to always accuse me of fooling around because i was working all the time. She would spend thousands on clothes, shoes. dolls, etc. House looked like a hoarder house with new tags still on everything. I think a friend of mine who works at a flea market paid for a new house and car with the stuff i had to chunk out to be able to move around. Also had to clear out a 10x20 storage unit full to the ceiling. If i was still with her i would be living under a tree somewhere. Still have PTSD from that krap.
I just changed our checking to soley under my name, no more worries. :yes:

If she does not want help and you have had enough, in some states there is something called a medical divorce.

Good luck.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

That's a rough situation to be in, you really need to be on the same page as far as spending and retirement savings.

I just changed our checking to soley under my name, no more worries. :yes:
Be sure and keep check on the junk mail for credit cards that come. Knew someone whose wife filled some out in his name. He found out the hard way he was on the hook for 8 grand he didn't spend. The court didn't care:shock:

Mine was like that and sadly she didnt get diagnosed until a few years after our divorce. Had she been getting treatment/meds we would probably still be together

She is in the manic stage... my brother is Bipolar Manic Depressive... know what you are going through... its a life long deal...

I have too many things to say..

Still trying to get right myself from similar..

CPTSD

Good luck,

<°)))>{

Be sure and keep check on the junk mail for credit cards that come. Knew someone whose wife filled some out in his name. He found out the hard way he was on the hook for 8 grand he didn't spend. The court didn't care:shock:

Yeah, I just cut up a card today of hers!:shock:

She is in the manic stage... my brother is Bipolar Manic Depressive... know what you are going through... its a life long deal...
Same here with my daughter. It is not easy for them or their loved ones. I have always been a fixer but some things we can not fix.

Sounds pretty tough. I've been a psych nurse for 10yrs and have always wondered what I would do if my other half turned out to be schizophrenic or bipolar. Must be tough. Make sure she stays on her meds, even if she feels better, make sure she gets enough sleep and stay away from stress as much as possible.

I have too many things to say..

Still trying to get right myself from similar..

CPTSD

Good luck,

<°)))>{

Same here, all that money plus the added cheating on me with my childhood friend of 25 years. Being single is nice change though, I don't get berated for working too much, I have more money that doesn't get blown on useless stuff, and I have more free time to detect! oh yeah and I only have to work one job now!

Back
Top Bottom