Deus high line question

Planedoc

I frequently hunt soccer fields in Wichita. There are a couple of fields that have electrical high lines overhead. My detector goes crazy with EMI when I get about 50 yards from the high lines. Can I adjust the settings to counter the interference? I’ll be using the standard 11” coil.

Thanks in advance!

I frequently hunt soccer fields in Wichita. There are a couple of fields that have electrical high lines overhead. My detector goes crazy with EMI when I get about 50 yards from the high lines. Can I adjust the settings to counter the interference? I’ll be using the standard 11” coil.

Thanks in advance!

Try some or all of these.
Reduce Sens to 88.
Reduce tx power to 1.
Change freqs to see which sounds better by holding coil in the air.
Freq offset may help. Could hurt. I think tx power goes to level 3 using freq shift using LF Xp Deus coils.

You can run Sens lower than 88 if you wish. Maybe as low as 80 without taking loads of depth away. Try to keep reactivity at levels 1 or 2 to help with your depth with lower sensitivty settings.

Cheers.

The 11” coil is more Emi prone vs 9” coil for Deus.

Here’s a Deus Skills school video talking of mitigating Emi with Xp Deus.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JfEUmKqrMIA

Like TNSS said... Change frequencies and you can also shift or fine tune them in the expert settings... Or you can always sell that LF coil and get a 9” HF coil! lol:laughing:

Update: I purchased a HF Elliptical a week ago. Its been raining all week! I'm beginning to think I'm back in Seattle! Managed to get out into my back yard between downpours and found a nickel right off the bat!! I think I'm going to like this coil. Can't wait for them to open up the soccer fields!

A belated "Thanks" for all the help!

Update: I purchased a HF Elliptical a week ago. Its been raining all week! I'm beginning to think I'm back in Seattle! Managed to get out into my back yard between downpours and found a nickel right off the bat!! I think I'm going to like this coil. Can't wait for them to open up the soccer fields!

A belated "Thanks" for all the help!

The HF Coil is a Great coil. I use it and the round 9” HF Coil on the beach and love it. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom