• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Silver and Relics...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
Today was miserable weather wise... temp is 35 with light drizzle throughout the hunt... glad I dressed warm... took the PI PRO because where I was digging the Excal even with the skullies would not give me enough depth... found a lot more bullets and coins today... I know the big coin is silver and will crack it after taking pictures with the cookie coating... I did dig one big piece of iron... I don't mind as I started beach hunting with a pulse ;)

Two of the keys I cleaned up are from this site:

http://otools1.wkfinetools.com/hardware/Corbin/corbin-index.asp

I did a little electrolysis no clue what the copper is but head facing left also cleaned up a shield nickel and took the cookie of the standing liberty half...

I would love to take Earl here.. they would have to carry him out on a stretcher :lol: stink mud, suction mud, gravel and clay...

Why my IPhone does these pictures upside down is beyond me... :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 326
That cotter pin looks like the one from my old Sunfish sailboat. I'm from CT too, so it might be the one I lost in 1978!

Are all those finds from a beach? (including marshy areas near a beach, I guess from your description.) Why do you suppose there are so many bullets?

Looks like a wide range of bullets. Congrats on the silver... you pull some crusty stuff over there

Thanks Steve... crusty stuff comes from small old beaches that others don't like hunting ;)

Very nice finds craig very :cool: hope i can get out with you tomorrow

I am going to change the batteries in the PRO tonight even though I am sure the batteries are still ok.. I just don't want to get out there and have to walk a half mile back to the car... I hope this miserable weather takes a break for tomorrow :) I was pretty surprised by the shield nickel was expecting a buffalo... and thanks :)

That cotter pin looks like the one from my old Sunfish sailboat. I'm from CT too, so it might be the one I lost in 1978!

Are all those finds from a beach? (including marshy areas near a beach, I guess from your description.) Why do you suppose there are so many bullets?

Arthur... if you tell me which beach you lost it near I will return it to you :lol:

As to the bullets I have no clue but I can say with certainty that many were shot straight down into the sand...

Everything pictured is from beach hunting...

Found yourself a nice spot there Craig. I sent the picture to Dave Wise and he said couldn't tell because of the quality of the photo. :lol: Speaking of pictures, Why you continue taking overhead shots especially with a cell phone the sensor goes cuckoo as you can see. :lol:

Found yourself a nice spot there Craig. I sent the picture to Dave Wise and he said couldn't tell because of the quality of the photo. :lol: Speaking of pictures, Why you continue taking overhead shots especially with a cell phone the sensor goes cuckoo as you can see. :lol:

Leave me along Jose... Dave told me the coin is too far gone.. maybe I will send it to him :D

Craig

Thanks for your thought's , if that's all i would pull , with the silver looking like half melt, along with the stink mud with rocks, SWINGLOW is your man :lol: i would rather play in the white sand, now the park with the seated is another story, ps only do electrolysis on the coin's that are worth salvaging , otherwise put them along with the other melt :lol:

Thanks for your thought's , if that's all i would pull , with the silver looking like half melt, along with the stink mud with rocks, SWINGLOW is your man :lol: i would rather play in the white sand, now the park with the seated is another story, ps only do electrolysis on the coin's that are worth salvaging , otherwise put them along with the other melt :lol:

Earl... I used electrolysis to see what I had found as the coins were all cookies and I wanted to see if it was worth going to this spot again and its my opinion that it is... you wouldn't be able to handle this spot... its thick suction mud with some gravel and clay at the bottom... these targets were all 5 scoops...

Some nice finds.

That half is trying to put up a fight against the salt.

Lot of bullets.

Congrats
Thanks for sharing.

Today was miserable weather wise... temp is 35 with light drizzle throughout the hunt... glad I dressed warm...

Congrats on the great hunt - yes it is great.

Come on down to Florida where the weather is great but old stuff is very few and far between... so you have to choose: crappy weather but old stuff or great weather with just new clad.... with parks that are hunted non-stop!

It's a craps shoot / trade off. We absolutely have a great opportunity to find tourist bling on the beaches during the summer but most normal hunts at PCB yield clad - might clear $1.00 on a 4 hour hunt. Y'all up North have really old dirt and have a potential to find old stuff every hunt.

I've found more silver coins in the coin star than I have in the PCB grounds!!! Not lying.... sometimes I dream of going North just to find pre-1900's coins.

GL & HH

Some nice finds.

That half is trying to put up a fight against the salt.

Lot of bullets.

Congrats
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks TN...

Congrats on the great hunt - yes it is great.

Come on down to Florida where the weather is great but old stuff is very few and far between... so you have to choose: crappy weather but old stuff or great weather with just new clad.... with parks that are hunted non-stop!

It's a craps shoot / trade off. We absolutely have a great opportunity to find tourist bling on the beaches during the summer but most normal hunts at PCB yield clad - might clear $1.00 on a 4 hour hunt. Y'all up North have really old dirt and have a potential to find old stuff every hunt.

I've found more silver coins in the coin star than I have in the PCB grounds!!! Not lying.... sometimes I dream of going North just to find pre-1900's coins.

GL & HH

I don't mind the cold unless its in the 20's and windy then I will pass on hunting.. our water temps are still in the 30's and that doesn't bother me either... its a shame how the saltwater ruins the silver... I have quite a few dirt sites lined up this year from the early 1700's to the mid 1800's so I should be able to find some nice shiny silver :D

Nice spot, looking at those finds. WTG

Thanks Frank... its nice because not much in the way of iron but the mud is deep... I'm listening for the deep whispers and there are plenty here unfortunately most are bullets :roll:

So.. I weighed the Walker and it comes in at 8 grams... supposed to weigh 12.5 I should have left the cookie on it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom