It's not much but it's something

Steve

Forum Supporter
Jade, 24k. Not sure what the clear balls are yet but probably worth little.
Cherry picking with the PI. Pretty sure Iost a ring or 2 today. Just couldn't recover it. Gets so deep the scoop starts making that suction sound trying to pull it out of the hole. Easy to cause an injury like this.
Found this just before called it a day.

Last edited:
Nice Steve... I know what you mean about hurting oneself digging in those conditions.. I messed up my rotator cuff digging in suction mud... the year I did that I took off months from beach hunting...

Hey! You got me beat!! FWIW, Yesterday, I eyeballed a nickle along side a parking lot where the snow piles melted, also a mitten, ...I thought, "Whoo Hoo!" Happy dance! :laughing: I was gonna take an 'in situ' picture and do a post even...but hell, we have all seen a nickle right?:laughing:

Last edited:
Nice Steve... I know what you mean about hurting oneself digging in those conditions.. I messed up my rotator cuff digging in suction mud... the year I did that I took off months from beach hunting...

Thanks Craig
Top 6" was lighter sand.. under was dark sand and rocky.. came close to popping a knee or shoulder more than once. 1 little mistake and it's a season ender.
The top !!!! would cave the sides in... had to abandon at least 25% of the holes. Frustrating and tiring.
Have these red bricks here that sound exactly like a deep gold. Only problem is the brick is sitting 4" under the sand. Had me stumbling more than once. Scoops usually last me a season.
I've pulled honkers out of this spot before.... exact same conditions. This is why I started making 4mm and 6mm cf scoop shafts. I'll snap others like a twig

:dingding: Dude, I'll take your "not much but it's something" of 24K EVERY TIME!

Last edited:
clear beads could be rock crystal or glass. Leave it around untouched for about an hour, then lay it against your cheek. Do they feel cold? Really cold? Crystal. The bluish green beads could be jade OR bloodstone (if there are small red flecks in them) and the reddish could be jade, agate or carnelian...
IF the beads ARE rock crystal and the ston beads jade... the metal might be gold or gold plated. That's a NICE bracelet!!

SageGrouse

clear beads could be rock crystal or glass. Leave it around untouched for about an hour, then lay it against your cheek. Do they feel cold? Really cold? Crystal. The bluish green beads could be jade OR bloodstone (if there are small red flecks in them) and the reddish could be jade, agate or carnelian...
IF the beads ARE rock crystal and the ston beads jade... the metal might be gold or gold plated. That's a NICE bracelet!!

SageGrouse
Stones are jade. Not worth much. The yellow is 24k, around 2g total. Never found the clear stuff before but I'm sure also worthless. The gold is the only thing worth anything on the bracelet. Retail I jade ball is $5~$10

Back
Top Bottom