Beach hunt with the Equinox 800

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
Hit's my 1st silver of the year 1939 Mercury , total $ 2.07, it was a nice day at the beach, i am learning the machine, and i didn't cherry pick 12 Felix, 6 dimes including the Merc, 2 nickels, 5 quarter's, I like the Equinox, mostly dry sand hunted, as hardly NO target's were in the wet, happy hunting, Earl Ps NO GOLD, why the season is July, Aug, Sept, when the depositor's get here .

Attachments

• P1000948.JPG
    P1000948.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 792
  • P1000947.JPG
    P1000947.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 767
Last edited:
Good to see you got out Earl and on the finds... my only question is was the dog around your waist? ;)

Earl, you got out!!! :wow2: :clap: Will wonders never cease?!? Let me take a picture of this moment so we can have it as proof. :photo:

Congrats on the Merc :dingding:... but more even more on getting out and using your new machine! :cheer::clapping::thumbsup: :congras:There's hope for you and your machines yet! But you still have a ways to go to be in my league on Felix pennies! :good::cheers3:

Congrats on getting out Earl! It's awesome that you already found some silver with the Equinox. When you have a chance maybe you could share a little more about the detector itself- inquiring minds want to know. :yes:

Good Job Mr. Earl! Nice to see your taking advantage of that great location you moved to..
You should hit coin beach and the beach down from it on the other side of the bridge.

Cfm-ct/Felix/ Compass/Chuck/OBN.

Yes i did have the dog around my waist, a woman walking a yellow lab, her dog does the aggressive thing, then Shogun let out that deep bark, tail standing up with attention, the lab went about his business :lol:, to be honest Craig you need to get your dog out, one thing is- nobody will sneak up on you, and other's think twice :lol: Felix i new what those pennies were as i dug them , they ring up as 21's , the quarter's ring up 29-30, dimes 23-25 i was hoping for some wheaties, as i save them .Compass sure no problem bro, anytime, Chuck as i used a RTG 5 inch and dug to China on my last hunt before this one, your 920IX was my choice in the dry, did a find job getting to the deep targets , most 8-12 quick, i did do a wet on the return , but 0 targets . OBN, i here ya bro., never had much luck on Coin Beach, and i didn't know you could detect that state park, today is supposed to be 75, but you are correct, no depositors here till June , July , August, so i guess a big storm need's to hit, also hunted a big cut 3 foot- by your honey hole, nothing, a guy in a wet suit with a go pro, was having a good time by his self in the water with the waves hitting him, i said that could be OBN :lol: were were you bro. , all and all i liked the machine, mainly the lightness , wireless headphones, and accurate VDI, i also like the CTX and the 17 inch at the beach, but with the dog, big scoop, supplies,it all add's up to extra weight, the Excalibur's and the DF will come out , in season, happy hunting everyone, for your kind replies , even with NO GOLD posted , i come to realize finding gold is very hard to find in the off season here, but i will keep trying , sanded in , replenishment sand, no vacationers , makes thing's tough , happy hunting , Earl

Earl... I have been reading a lot about the equinox... if I were to hunt a fresh drop beach I would be wary of using it with the reports coming out that it loves bottle caps and gives them good numbers in the dime range... with the Excal I don't worry about bottle caps because they have a distinct tone if not nulled out completely.

Yes

Craig on the Corona better made bottle caps i dug 2, only because i am learning the #s, it does a great job on iron , i like the machine so far, the only thing i won't like is sending the machine in for battery replacement, i notice ML warranty the Equinox for 3 years , but the battery only one year, BS, Earl PS the next time i come up, i will dig all the Gold Chains you missed , not worried about bottle caps :lol: Oh , and you can't buy one until i find all the Gold chains 1st :laughing:

Last edited:
Craig on the Corona better made bottle caps i dug 2, only because i am learning the #s, it does a great job on iron , i like the machine so far, the only thing i won't like is sending the machine in for battery replacement, i notice ML warranty the Equinox for 3 years , but the battery only one year, BS, Earl PS the next time i come up, i will dig all the Gold Chains you missed , not worried about bottle caps :lol: Oh , and you can't buy one until i find all the Gold chains 1st :laughing:

Earl... I have found chains in the past some with my detector and some by eyes... we don't miss much up here but good luck trying :lol:

Earl... I have found chains in the past some with my detector and some by eyes... we don't miss much up here but good luck trying :lol:
:popcorn:

Earl you driving this time? Sounds like Craig is call you out?..:shock:

Obn

Are you kidding , i hunted in those rocks, and mud one time, i would rather hunt the park's with Captain Silver , next time Craig want's to hunt, he's gonna have to tell his wife he's going on vacation to white sand beaches , down South , i have a feeling he's restricted to stay in state , all that snow plowing this season, he's got to take some vacation away from Land Scaping this year, we will see what kind of excuse he comes up with to get away from the ball , and chain howboutit :yes::D Craig i was lost :shock::( Unreal hunting conditions, wrong machines brought for that hunting area, and 1st time ever in CT . STRANGE is all i can say, Went once, don't want to go again, you all were nice, had a good time, but i decline :sadbye: Joe go down and pick Felix up, and take him with you , i am OUT :lol:

Last edited:
Are you kidding , i hunted in those rocks, and mud one time, i would rather hunt the park's with Captain Silver , next time Craig want's to hunt, he's gonna have to tell his wife he's going on vacation to white sand beaches , down South , i have a feeling he's restricted to stay in state , all that snow plowing this season, he's got to take some vacation away from Land Scaping this year, we will see what kind of excuse he comes up with to get away from the ball , and chain howboutit :yes::D Craig i was lost :shock::( Unreal hunting conditions, wrong machines brought for that hunting area, and 1st time ever in CT . STRANGE is all i can say, Went once, don't want to go again, you all were nice, had a good time, but i decline :sadbye: Joe go down and pick Felix up, and take him with you , i am OUT :lol:

:lol::lol:

Earl... we know you were lost and wanted nothing more than to go back to the hotel by the expression on your face hunting the boulders, rocks and gravel beaches we hunt... no excuses on detector type please... you were coming out to hunt saltwater beaches... like you said had a good time... :lol:

Personally I'm not interested in fresh drop beaches at all... I love history and I will stay hunting beaches that have lots of old stuff to find... I'll tell you what... if I come down you go hunt the beach and I will hunt your yard :yes:

Meh...Looks like the average Coinstar reject tray haul to me! I thought that NOX was supposed to be magic! I got more than that under my car seat and didnt need no NOX or even a scoop! :laughing::laughing:

(Just having some fun, good to see you got out!)

Back
Top Bottom