Vacation Cut Short

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Well folks. I am done detecting. Tried a little this morning but my fever came back. I don't think it helped that my booties gave me some large sores on my feet the first couple days I was here. They never got better. Only the two larger ones bother me, the three smaller ones do not.

Today was 5 quarters, 4 dimes, 2 nickels abd 9 pennies.

Loved the trip. Hopefully will do it again with a shorty wetsuit and different booties. These were great all last year but I didn't walk that much in them.

Going to leave in the morning if my fever goes away. If not will stay one more day.

Had a wonderful time. My only regret at all is getting sick and the sores. So if anyone has been counting you know my coin count and amount for the contest. I should have them on Wednesday if not.

Cancun next month. Will have new booties then and will have another week of fun in the sun.

Last edited:
Sorry to see your trip cut short, and I hope those sores heal quickly. If you're not aware, there is a nasty bacteria that can be present in Florida's warm saltwater (Especially in brackish waters and mud). If those sores show signs of infection or your fever turns for the worse, don't hesitate to get them checked out ASAP!

Last edited:
Well folks. I am done detecting. Tried a little this morning but my fever came back. I don't think it helped that my booties gave me some large sores on my feet the first couple days I was here. They never got better. Only the two larger ones bother me, the three smaller ones do not.

Today was 5 quarters, 4 dimes, 2 nickels abd 9 pennies.

Loved the trip. Hopefully will do it again with a shorty wetsuit and different booties. These were great all last year but I didn't walk that much in them.

Going to leave in the morning if my fever goes away. If not will stay one more day.

Had a wonderful time. My only regret at all is getting sick and the sores. So if anyone has been counting you know my coin count and amount for the contest. I should have them on Wednesday if not.

Cancun next month. Will have new booties then and will have another week of fun in the sun.
Wear ankle socks and you will get no blisters. I can hunt in booties from dawn to dusk with no blisters, I wear ankle socks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear and see scuba, be safe driving back and take your time. It's still cold up North!

We await your next Adventure!:pirate2:

Sorry to hear Robert about the issues. I was sick most of the first week in Fla. from a sinus infection. Safe travels home.....:yes: (I too wear ankle socks under the booties after getting sores.....)

Sorry to see you in that state scuba. Reminds me of me a while back. Lets both rest, heal up and get back out there soon.

When I saw you were sick I kind of thought that would cut our chances of meeting up for a hunt this weekend before you left. At least you had some wonderful sunshine and some warm water. The only thing that could've been better were a few more days of calmer surf for you. Next time you're down we'll definitely meet up for a hunt! I went out yesterday in that rough surf, but that's another story...

Have a safe drive back up to the cold! :snowman3:

That looks like it hurts. We always hunt barefoot in lake Mi but with all the stingray signs and sharp shells we do not dare do go barefoot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your feet.
You should stick to snow with LaCrosse winter boots like the rest of us :lol::laughing:

Feet swell up in that hot Florida sun.

I wish I knew you were in Sebastian. You could have tried the scoop I won.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom