Equinox on gold chain in salt water!!!! WOW!!!

I might have trouble falling asleep tonight- this test is very impressive to say the least. I was hoping that the Equinox could hit gold chains but I thought you'd have to be in single high frequency, in fresh water, with a 6" coil. This may change everything!:D

I'll give it a year and see how the Equinox holds up in the hands of some of the more experienced water hunters here before I bite. This is reminiscent of the CTX craze when they first hit the market.

I'll give it a year and see how the Equinox holds up in the hands of some of the more experienced water hunters here before I bite. This is reminiscent of the CTX craze when they first hit the market.

X2

I would say that answers my question about the Equinox and gold. Ought to do well in tot lots.

If it does well on the deep coins in parks and schools I'm down to that single detector finally.

My CTX still isn't going anywhere. Its paid for itself several times. Ill be getting a nox though. But if my CTX dies she will have a place mounted to my wall. Main question I got is a CTX iron on the beach the small flakes are always a 1 08. With the nox single number are you gonna be digging the iron thinking its a gold chain? Or is it going to not hear the flakes? We got those flakes all over the place as probably you also do. CTX on the beach they come in in disc. You just leave all the 1 08's

At the rate they are shipping them out it could be a year before we could get one anyway. :lol:

My concerns are similar. Performance is paramount...but if it's at the cost of durability i'll pass.

Heck, I dropped my CZ's in the darn parking lot even BEFORE I started hunting.

I want to see how well it holds up after a year in North East Coast Fall and Winter hunting.

I am good for a least 3-4 bangs from my sand scoop into my CZ when hunting with waders and gloves on...not to mention rouge waves, sea spray and sand everywhere and the drops into the suds.

Still...it looks very promising to say the least. But I ain't selling any of my CZ's regardless.

But a few other units may go to fund one in the future.

LOL...that's AWESOME!

I guess a lot of Etrac owners etc are gonna be gutted and selling them to get the Equinox...lol.

I'm DEFINITELY getting an Equinox!

Matt

LOL...that's AWESOME!

I guess a lot of Etrac owners etc are gonna be gutted and selling them to get the Equinox...lol.

Matt

but there is no possible way Minelab would make a $900 machine have the performance of a $2000 machine:laughing:

my tracking shows I will have mine thursday:clapping:

As impressive as this vid is, Its a fools errand to hunt for Gold chains!....To begin with, Look around, maybe one out 1000 Humans even wears one!...Out of that 1000, maybe 3 wear one to a beach or anywhere outdoors engaging in situations to precipitate the miniscule 'pie in the sky' chance of an accidental loss....

No matter how good this rig might be, Its a matter of mathematics....all sorts of junk sounds exactly like a gold chain....Dont get your hopes up or ever expect to find one...just something to consider before you go all in on this rig and toss off your gear....stick to the basics, block and tackle, work the numbers...

More Gold chains are found in totlots with intro rigs than anywhere else...we are back to square one....Its a matter of location focus primarily.....

As impressive as this vid is, Its a fools errand to hunt for Gold chains!....To begin with, Look around, maybe one out 1000 Humans even wears one!...Out of that 1000, maybe 3 wear one to a beach or anywhere outdoors engaging in situations to precipitate the miniscule 'pie in the sky' chance of an accidental loss....

No matter how good this rig might be, Its a matter of mathematics....all sorts of junk sounds exactly like a gold chain....Dont get your hopes up or ever expect to find one...just something to consider before you go all in on this rig and toss off your gear....stick to the basics, block and tackle, work the numbers...

More Gold chains are found in totlots with intro rigs than anywhere else...we are back to square one...

Those little gold chains don't add up to much cash anyhow.
My Equinox may be in my hands in a few months.:yes:
I think we all know Minelab will now outsell all detectors combined!!:shock:

Agreed! You need the big monsters to even consider the ROI payback!! I will say though, in certain areas and situations, I do go all in for the 'gold chain bastard' signals, and that strategy seems to be working for me...Not all the time, but enough to know where and when to sharpen up..So I dont know if this OX rig would be of any help yet...

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 471
  • may 52013.jpg
    may 52013.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 441
  • sept 8 13-1.jpg
    sept 8 13-1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 468
  • Sept 8 13.jpg
    Sept 8 13.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 465
  • oct 6-16-3.jpg
    oct 6-16-3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 463
  • oct 6-16-7.jpg
    oct 6-16-7.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 469
But we can find the chain that is laying close to the pendant now:D

Ive even seen little boys from India wearing more gold than I got in my jewelry box at the beach. May be 1 in 1000 where you are. Here it can be 1 in 5. Some days 1 in 20. But still:shock:

Sure not many chains are lost at the beach in a given year. BUT, if no machine has ever effectively hunted them since the beginning of time, there could be a tremendous buildup of the things available to find. A lot of little things can = a big thing.

And heck, I just like finding stuff. Especially gold stuff.

LOL...that's AWESOME!

Matt

ill be keeping my e-trac may get a NOX later this year after the jury is out time will tell :D

Back
Top Bottom