• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garage relic

zman0930

Hi folks. Santa brought me a nice shiny Garrett AT pro for Christmas. My wife is expressing an interest in joining me on beach hunts this year and wants me to resurrect an old Garrett We that was banished to the island of misfit detectors (the garage) many years ago. It has a broken toggle switch for the battery test, and a cracked meter cover. I wanted to get her a new detector but she wants to use this one. Anyone know where I can get parts to fix this relic? Do you think it will be frustrating to use on dry beach sand? I was a total greenhorn when this first came out and really didn't put in the time to learn the machine.
Any info is appreciated.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Hi folks. Santa brought me a nice shiny Garrett AT pro for Christmas. My wife is expressing an interest in joining me on beach hunts this year and wants me to resurrect an old Garrett We that was banished to the island of misfit detectors (the garage) many years ago. It has a broken toggle switch for the battery test, and a cracked meter cover. I wanted to get her a new detector but she wants to use this one. Anyone know where I can get parts to fix this relic? Do you think it will be frustrating to use on dry beach sand? I was a total greenhorn when this first came out and really didn't put in the time to learn the machine.
Any info is appreciated.

Post some pics of the detector to be fixed and the parts.
I’d say your in the right place but pictures will make it a quicker view and someone may realize they have it.

Post some pics of the detector to be fixed and the parts.
I’d say your in the right place but pictures will make it a quicker view and someone may realize they have it.
Thanks, I'll do that this weekend.

Thanks, I'll do that this weekend.

Here's the pics. The first one shows the broken battery test toggle switch and the 2nd shows the cracked meter cover.
1fec81d92c8d6fc641065ff154bd3f27.jpg
d8066946fce9d4c25a026e867600a266.jpg

Local electronics repair shop (TV repair, if you have one in your area) should have the switch.

Or you can get it through Jameco Electronics. I'd just put some waterproof tape over the crack in the meter cover.

Back
Top Bottom