• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lesche T Handle Holster

Sundragon

Put together a holster for the Lesche T handle shovel.

I purchased a leather hammer holster and had some 1/8 ABS plastic sheet left over from a marine project.

After cutting out, I used a heat gun to bend the tabs to conform to the T-Handle. Played with a test piece to get used to the heat and how to make it bend properly. Gloves are essential to grasp the material and make it conform once it gets up to temperature. A wet rag is useful to cool it off.
Takes a little playing with to get the heat where you want it, but ABS is very nice to work with. The tool snaps in very nicely and is very secure in the holster. It seems very durable as long as you get the heat correct. Don't let it kink, that will weaken it. Once the bends are made they remain very "Springy" and I wasn't able to break it by abusing it.
The fasteners are the screw within a screw type, or you could use rivets.
Dress it up with a dremel tool to finish it.
Most towns have a plastic supplier, and I find they have lots of odd pieces of different materials for sale.
Now if would quit snowin maybe I could get out and do some diggin!!

Capt. Vin

Lots of pix.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 649
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 668
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 683
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 659
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 685
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 621
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 634
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 652
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 684
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 686
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 649
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 683
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 633
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 629
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 636
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 661
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 682
  • IMG_1516.jpg
    IMG_1516.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 662
It looks real nice, but I don't understand why a guy would not just carry it in his left hand like I do?
It is so easy, it can be used like a cane, in case you lose your balance while swinging your detector...
It seems to me that it would constantly be rubbing against your leg:no:

It looks real nice, but I don't understand why a guy would not just carry it in his left hand like I do?
It is so easy, it can be used like a cane, in case you lose your balance while swinging your detector...
It seems to me that it would constantly be rubbing against your leg:no:

I've holstered my shovel for years and it hardly dirties the pants leg, even in soggy hunts. Convenient ergonomics I guess. Bumping the leg is transparent with my two Sampsons shovels.

I think Joe Public notices it much less than if it was carried by the hand.

I've holstered my shovel for years and it hardly dirties the pants leg, even in soggy hunts. Convenient ergonomics I guess. Bumping the leg is transparent with my two Sampsons shovels.

I think Joe Public notices it much less than if it was carried by the hand.

I was hesitant at first, thought it would bump into my leg, but in fact it is not an issue. It frees up my hand to carry my bottle of Capt. Morgan.!:laughing::laughing:

that is nice. This is what i do.

Attachments

• bomb hanger 3.jpg
    bomb hanger 3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 471
  • bomb hanger2.jpg
    bomb hanger2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 473
  • bomb hanger1.jpg
    bomb hanger1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 466
Good idea Buzzđź‘Ť
The search for the stainless steel material took me longer than welding.
Half an hour later the result.

9h1k5i.jpg

2chb5w1.jpg

Last edited:
i made a simple holder for my 18" Sampson but it also works with my 31" too. It is simply two angle brackets bent and bolted to a folded piece of leather. I carry it with the handle down and it doesn't swing when you walk. I have been using it for several years without any problems and it is not as noticeable when wearing it.
H1.jpg
Hanger3.jpg

I tried something like that it just hit my leg and made it difficult to walk I never used it agian

Back
Top Bottom