My father Daughter ( 9yo.) finds

VooDoo710

Today was the first epic day of many to come in the near future. Today we woke up and I asked her if she wanted to go hunting with me today and to my surprise I got a resounding YES ! So we both got bundled up and off we went to the local Park . We both started on the same side of the park/playground, about 12 feet apart from one another. Mind you this is her first time with her Bounty Hunter Pro (I know it's old but works great! ) so I take time to show her the ropes and off she goes ! No more than 4 minutes she calls for me saying she is registering a hit. So I come with my F44 and verify her score, yup its a hit and she starts to dig a plug ( so proud she remembered ) and asked for my pin pointer and low and behold boom she finds a mini cross I will get pics asap. I found a Quarter and a Dime . Lots of bottle caps and foil.

We had 2 State Troopers stop by and talk to us and tell me how awesome it is to see a father and a daughter sharing a hobby that was not connected too a cell phone or the inter net! They asked what we found and she happily showed them. The Trooper said good luck and left. We continue to hunt. No luck at all. So we were packing up and here come the park workers telling me I needed a permit so on and so forth and how if the park ranger sees us how he will toss us out on our butts We pack up and started to leave. Now I was bummed that it had to end that way. But 2 minutes into warming up the truck in comes Mr. Park Ranger and asks me find anything good ? I say not really he proceeds to ask me what where they saying to you so I told him and he said. You and your daughter are welcomed here to hunt anytime no need for permit or any thing he gave new his personal cell number and told me anytime someone confronted me in the county I am in any park to cll him cause I have express permission to do father daughter hunts at any of the parks in his jurisdiction ! I left stoked and my daughter was super excited. Needless to say we are going back tomorrow ! LMAO. . .

WILL GET PICS OG THE STUFF REAL SOON !

Nine is a great age. Glad you got out on a hunt together. And a happy ending!

Very cool story. I take my 5 yr old daughter out sometimes to hunt at local parks. She usually doesn't last too long before she just wants to hit the playground but we have a blast. Glad to see other dad's sharing the hobby with their kids. Happy hunting and good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sounds like a great time. I take my 2 younger boys along with me sometimes, at least when it's not to late or early and I can pry them away from their Ipads...

Love this story, such a great time bringing your kids on a hunt and they find something worthwhile. She is going to remember that for the rest of her life. Congrats Dad on a successful outing and THRILLED that park ranger supported your daddy daughter time. :goodjob:

My daughter was who was always doing things with me. My son didn't want to put his book down long enough to do stuff out side plus bugs loved to suck his blood.

Got a e mail from her a couple weeks ago with pictures she took while out snow shoeing saying thanks for showing her how much fun snow was and all the beauty to see in the woods.

Hope your daughter continues to be a partner for many years to come.

:D Al

Last edited:
Love this story, such a great time bringing your kids on a hunt and they find something worthwhile. She is going to remember that for the rest of her life. Congrats Dad on a successful outing and THRILLED that park ranger supported your daddy daughter time. :goodjob:

X2.....Great post and write up!

Back
Top Bottom