Need some clarification on Georgia metal detecting laws.

Ok so I realize that you posted this a while back but being new I'm curious what you found out? It sounds to me from what the majority of people are saying on these forums is that basically public land is ok schools and parks, private land a person needs permission and all other land such as state, federal etc. are all a no go, which is understandable because it's really probably all about money and who won't get paid whatever if whatever valuable is found. Does public land include public cemeteries?

....and all other land such as state, federal etc. are all a no go, ....

Where are you getting this ? No doubt posts exist where others make that assertion (that "all state and federal land is a no no") Ok, where are they getting that ? I believe that THEY TOO "saw it in a post somewhere". And so on, and so forth, back to infinity . Ie.: Merely asserting it 1x twenty years ago, and it's impossible to ever put to rest.

Sure: obvious historic sensitive monuments. But no, not all state and federal land is off-limits.

Where are you getting this ? No doubt posts exist where others make that assertion (that "all state and federal land is a no no") Ok, where are they getting that ? I believe that THEY TOO "saw it in a post somewhere". And so on, and so forth, back to infinity . Ie.: Merely asserting it 1x twenty years ago, and it's impossible to ever put to rest.

Sure: obvious historic sensitive monuments. But no, not all state and federal land is off-limits.

Some of us are Dirty Dancers, we adopt the mindset: "Nobody puts Baby in the Corner!" :laughing: Time and Treasure Wait for Nobody!

Some of us are Dirty Dancers, we adopt the mindset: "Nobody puts Baby in the Corner!" :laughing: Time and Treasure Wait for Nobody!

As long as you have mud-puppy's literary creative writing skills in your corner: You can detect anywhere you want. Shiloh, Bodie, Gettysburg, the White house lawn, etc.... :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom