• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

beach headphones

garviso8

Elite Member
any body have any suggestions on a good pair of cheap headphones for beach hunting for my minelab safari need to drown out crashing waves ,birds ,kids etc.. :?:

any body have any suggestions on a good pair of cheap headphones for beach hunting for my minelab safari need to drown out crashing waves ,birds ,kids etc.. :?:

I am a landscaper and I will not go cheap on hearing protection so I suggest you don't go cheap on headphones for the beach... there are plenty of quality headphones out there that work well... I have used Grey Ghosts, Jolly Rogers, my most recent ones are these.. they are comfortable and quiet used them on my GT's

http://www.colonialmetaldetectors.com/jimmy-sierra-headphones.html

i use sunray pro gold headphones on my e-trac they are awesome $130 though better off spending the money and get some good ones

I am a landscaper and I will not go cheap on hearing protection so I suggest you don't go cheap on headphones for the beach... there are plenty of quality headphones out there that work well... I have used Grey Ghosts, Jolly Rogers, my most recent ones are these.. they are comfortable and quiet used them on my GT's

http://www.colonialmetaldetectors.com/jimmy-sierra-headphones.html

Craig, not trying to hound you but they are out of stock and were part of a close out sale from what I read on your link. I think they are no longer available.

I found Grey Ghost for just over 100.00

Jolly Rogers are more comfortable than GG to my fat mellon. Those faint signals are what it is all about in detecting for gold. Blocking the noise is very important. Beach crowd and surf noise is loud. Get a good pair. They will pay for themselves and last. Always remember to silicone the cables of headphones and coils. And watch that Safari shaft. Never tilt the detector up when it is full of water or it will run right down to the control box.

You will find most use the same speakers..... but can get various sound/volume. The golds are good phones as arenthe black widows. Noise wise ... add a pair of aircraft muffs and u have silence. Depends on machine too....

Best way to do this is with earbuds and muffs used for a gun range over the earbuds. But not fun during summer months.

I have these: https://www.amazon.com/Koss-QZ-99-N...UTF8&qid=1514934181&sr=8-1&keywords=koss+qz99

They feel like hearing protection muffs, in that they block out a high percentage of outside noise, which is what I was looking for. The alternative of earbuds under actual hearing protection should work also, but in my case I have hearing aids in both ears so I opted for this approach. They're no heavier than the headphones I was using, and they do reduce the wind noise (my main problem at the beach) considerably.

Back
Top Bottom