• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Equinox on gold chain in salt water!!!! WOW!!!

I may buy one but not right away... its funny to see so many doing back flips over this detector... some of you need ice water poured over you to snap you back into reality :laughing:

No no this is a good thing. People thinking a machine is going to do the hard work for them is great for the rest of us! :cool:

When Earl's Nox ..:detector:...starts pulling more gold ...:jawdrop:...then my excalibur, I may have to buy one...:shock:...:laughing:....:no:.....;)

I do have to give him credit, posting with those lil mojo's sure takes talent..

All I've seen so far is perfect flat conditions on a very long thin chain with what appears to be a circle clasp in the center of it? Maybe it's just the string tied to the chain?..literally laying on the bottom surface in 4" of water? How is that a definative test?

How about burried under 1"- 4" of sand...or deeper? Then make that sand a mix of black sand & hot rock. How about in rough seas/waves (video looks like a lake). How do the seals hold up submerged for 3-4 hours? How water tight is this Equinox?

I agree that the chain isn’t in normal conditions, but lets be real, no other saltwater machine would hit that chain.

My understanding landuse is that it was salt water.

Of course there are few videos still to support any claims people have made. So far it's all been based on opinion. We need more actual evidence like this before we offer more than our opinions.

My opinion, based on the video and other videos, is that the Equinox is a good contender even in salt water. To compete with something like the Xcal in water is impressive on it's own much less the fact we already know the Equinox will kill the Xcal on land.

My understanding landuse is that it was salt water.

Of course there are few videos still to support any claims people have made. So far it's all been based on opinion. We need more actual evidence like this before we offer more than our opinions.

My opinion, based on the video and other videos, is that the Equinox is a good contender even in salt water. To compete with something like the Xcal in water is impressive on it's own much less the fact we already know the Equinox will kill the Xcal on land.

Carter and Gary Storm are very good hunters and if they say it works then believe them... I hunted with both of them and they have always been honest and very friendly. I know where they hunted for this video...

Carter and Gary Storm are very good hunters and if they say it works then believe them... I hunted with both of them and they have always been honest and very friendly. I know where they hunted for this video...

Good to hear Cfmct. If you trust their results I do as well. I've hunted long enough to know what those comments of "WOW", "Holy !!!!" and "That's unbelievable" from experienced hunters like them I know they are impressed.

Good to hear Cfmct. If you trust their results I do as well. I've hunted long enough to know what those comments of "WOW", "Holy !!!!" and "That's unbelievable" from experienced hunters like them I know they are impressed.

I'm still going to wait though... I am in no rush to buy another detector.. I'm happy with what I am currently running. ;) I could have pounced on any of these new detectors that have come out in the last couple years and I haven't because I like my current detectors :D

Yep...This is gonna be one exciting Spring!...We all rightly assume theres a lot of gold chains out there that have had countless coils overhead a time or two...so if this OX rig can hit a small one like that in the vid, it is indeed a gamechanger...

Basied on what I observed in this one vid, I think it will perform well in experienced hands of people that understand the situation and have former sites they know are holding chains to take it to...they found the pendant with the intact bale, so that chain it came off of is in there someplace!...

Agreed! You need the big monsters to even consider the ROI payback!! I will say though, in certain areas and situations, I do go all in for the 'gold chain bastard' signals, and that strategy seems to be working for me...Not all the time, but enough to know where and when to sharpen up..So I dont know if this OX rig would be of any help yet...

Hey Mud, what did those chains ring up on the at pro? (i.e. the TID)

No no this is a good thing. People thinking a machine is going to do the hard work for them is great for the rest of us! :cool:

The hard work is digging up the target anyone can get the coil over one :D What I like are the cherry pickers they leave a lot of goodies behind... ;)

Best of wishes to those carrying a tank like the Etrac or crazy priced CTX....but for me, i'll save on the chiropractic bills and buy the Equinox lol :laughing::laughing:

Matt

Couldn't agree more...Always going to get an unbiased feedback from Carter.

Best of wishes to those carrying a tank like the Etrac or crazy priced CTX....but for me, i'll save on the chiropractic bills and buy the Equinox lol :laughing::laughing:

Matt

The weight of the Etrac is bad,no question..But you ought to feel the weight of that finds pouch at the end of the day,Somtimes I had to make 2 trips to the truck with all that silver.:laughing:

Hey Mud, what did those chains ring up on the at pro? (i.e. the TID)

Well, the big 6mm 32" 14k figaro with the cross pendant I found with my f70 in a beach blowout, and it sounded like scrap...The others I got with the Pro...the little 15gr 10k, Tidded in at 37, which I found odd since I was running 40 disc, Iron Off, yet the signal bled through enough to arouse my curiosity to give it a scoop...

Then I got the big Monster 2 1/2 oz of 24k at night in the water...It sounded like a couple of pulltabs or a stainless steel Hose clamp, or foil....complete garbage signal ....I ran into a buddy of mine who runs a Excall II...I tossed it down on the sand, and he was hitting it 8"...so yeah, I happened to be in the right place at the right time on that one....Nobody hunting gold with any rig woulda missed it!

Then the 25gr 14k bracelet?...sounded like a rotten zinc penny or some other scattered trash..big longshore rip going on that day, black sand...in an area I've found all sorts of other decent things, never seen it blown out this deep though, so I was working all signals in a tiny little pocket....Again, it was a matter of being in the right place at the right time....I do trust the Pro...here in the fresh anyway...it hits gold like a freaking train...will NOT miss a ring, and certainly hits a decent sized chain...15gr+ anyways...

Attachments

• sept 20-16-2.jpg
    sept 20-16-2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 101
  • nov 29-16.jpg
    nov 29-16.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 102
  • me oct.jpg
    me oct.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 102
Well, the big 6mm 32" 14k figaro with the cross pendant I found with my f70 in a beach blowout, and it sounded like scrap...The others I got with the Pro...the little 15gr 10k, Tidded in at 37, which I found odd since I was running 40 disc, Iron Off, yet the signal bled through enough to arouse my curiosity to give it a scoop...

Then I got the big Monster 2 1/2 oz of 24k at night in the water...It sounded like a couple of pulltabs or a stainless steel Hose clamp, or foil....complete garbage signal ....I ran into a buddy of mine who runs a Excall II...I tossed it down on the sand, and he was hitting it 8"...so yeah, I happened to be in the right place at the right time on that one....Nobody hunting gold with any rig woulda missed it!

Then the 25gr 14k bracelet?...sounded like a rotten zinc penny or some other scattered trash..big longshore rip going on that day, black sand...in an area I've found all sorts of other decent things, never seen it blown out this deep though, so I was working all signals in a tiny little pocket....Again, it was a matter of being in the right place at the right time....I do trust the Pro...here in the fresh anyway...it hits gold like a freaking train...will NOT miss a ring, and certainly hits a decent sized chain...15gr+ anyways...

When and if I’m alive long enough to retire I’m moving within walking distance to the beach,any beach.lol.
That’s a big chunk of yellow you got,Ive stayed up half the night Somtimes wondering how and where to find gold like that.I guess I could stroll into the hood,those gang bangers love the big bling.My luck I’d end up losing my rig to a 12 year old with a uzi.:laughing:

The weight of the Etrac is bad,no question..But you ought to feel the weight of that finds pouch at the end of the day,Somtimes I had to make 2 trips to the truck with all that silver.:laughing:

That's the kind of weight I'm willing to carry around - silver!!

Back
Top Bottom