• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Toy/Display Fireman’s Hat

Acuva24

I found this today at a mid 1800s house in Troy, NY. YOU CAN SEE THAT “Troy, NY” is etched into the underside of the brim. It was pretty deep, I’d guess about 8”. It rang up in the mid 60s on the AT Pro.

Can anyone help with an ID for what this is? My first guess is for a toy fireman but it seems too large. Maybe a display since it has the pinhole in the brim? It also has a firemans insigna on the top of the brim.

Thanks for your help, I know you guys will find it! I’ve tried my best and found nothing close

Attachments

• C7FBE592-C043-464C-AABA-A8DB2022DAC6.jpg
    C7FBE592-C043-464C-AABA-A8DB2022DAC6.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 43FF3B31-D4F2-49F8-B8E3-2685F1F6056C.jpg
    43FF3B31-D4F2-49F8-B8E3-2685F1F6056C.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 227
I don’t understand why these are sideways and the picture that shows the “Troy, NY” won’t display for some reason

Well this will be interesting, I found exactly the same thing about a year ago. I'm anxious to see if anyone knows what they were for. Such a well made little thing isn't it?

They were candle snuffers...
At least that's what mine is.

The one pictured is slightly different than the one found. The candle snuffer has a loop on the top of the helmet. The one that was found does not. It has a hole drilled through the front part of the brim. ( same as the one in the etsy link)

Id say they are obviously made by the same place but are made for different purposes.

The one pictured is slightly different than the one found. The candle snuffer has a loop on the top of the helmet. The one that was found does not. It has a hole drilled through the front part of the brim. ( same as the one in the etsy link)

Id say they are obviously made by the same place but are made for different purposes.

Maybe the same purpose but a different design? Could be the company found a better way to attach the handle than on the brim and his is older?

Back
Top Bottom