Sniper coil or 5x8 DD?

lcoble61

I have been working an old homestead with my Ace 250 that’s loaded with trash, Small nails etc. I managed to pull a 1916 Wheatie out today with the standard coil but am thinking to try a different one. I’m leaning toward the sniper but am also considering the DD. Any suggestions?
Another option is waiting until I can upgrade to the AT Pro which I’m hoping to do by the end of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been working an old homestead with my Ace 250 that’s loaded with trash, Small nails etc. I managed to pull a 1916 Wheatie out today with the standard coil but am thinking to try a different one. I’m leaning toward the sniper but am also considering the DD. Any suggestions?
Another option is waiting until I can upgrade to the AT Pro which I’m hoping to do by the end of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started with an Ace 350, purchased a sniper coil for it, wasn't impressed with the sniper coil.

upgraded to the Pro, now shopping for the best deal on a 5 x 8 or similar coil.

checked lots of prices etc. on-line, etc.

Made a post, hoping for a PM from a sponsor or dealer. If I haven't received any response soon, I'll conclude that they cant do better than what you can find for yourself on-line

I started with an Ace 350, purchased a sniper coil for it, wasn't impressed with the sniper coil.

upgraded to the Pro, now shopping for the best deal on a 5 x 8 or similar coil.

checked lots of prices etc. on-line, etc.

Made a post, hoping for a PM from a sponsor or dealer. If I haven't received any response soon, I'll conclude that they cant do better than what you can find for yourself on-line

Expecting sponsors to contact you is not how to do it, you contact them. If you want an item from a store do you wait for them to contact you? I don't think so!!!

The sniper coil is the main reason I kept my 250. Relics mode is awesome with this coil. Don't understand why anyone would not like this coil. It tripled my finds in some areas.:cool:

The sniper coil is the main reason I kept my 250. Relics mode is awesome with this coil. Don't understand why anyone would not like this coil. It tripled my finds in some areas.:cool:

I couldn't get as much depth as I thought I would have. Stiil have it, still use it, just think if I had to do it again, I would have tried the 5 X 8 first.

I couldn't get as much depth as I thought I would have. Stiil have it, still use it, just think if I had to do it again, I would have tried the 5 X 8 first.

I found I could "burn" the coil by ramping the sensitivity way up. That's just me, though. It almost reached depths of large coil. That 5x8 DOES look appealing, though.:yes:

Which Coil ??

Hello,
I too use an AT Pro. I was using the larger coil that comes with the AT Pro. I decided to try the 5" X 8 " Garrett coil . Wow, what a difference. I am getting a lot of good signals in places I hunted hard before. My experience is the 5" X 8" really improves my finds. Hope this helps you.
Bubbaron AT Pro and AT carrot stick pin pointer.

I really enjoyed my sniper coil but...

I used to have an Ace 350. I also liked the sniper coil on it and used it a lot on one particularly trashy site. Compared to the 7x11 DD coil it was great.

Looking back if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't spend the money on the sniper though. The Ace series, while a fantastic entry level unit, is just too slow for REALLY trashy sites.

I upgraded my machine to something "faster", and just using the stock coil that site came back alive. Almost like I hadn't detected there before.

I then got a tiny coil for that new unit and combed the place and the number of nice signals I got immediately next to bad signals was baffling. I was actually pissed at my Ace for a while even though I no longer owned it. I would have missed a 2 cent piece, 2 large cents, a 1/2 reale (wafer thin), and a bunch of relics from that back yard because of the amount of trash and target masking the Ace couldn't see through.

So to make a short story long, I'd spend that money on something different. A used unit with fast recovery speed, or even a little compadre or mojave.

My buddy uses an ATP and likes his sniper for it. He no longer uses the stock coil. Switches between the Thunder and the Sniper.

Back
Top Bottom