Cockroaches in California?

metaladdict

Elite Member
I'm native to Northern California, San Rafael that is.
Born in 1967
I've never seen a roach before till two years ago and was surprised by the size of it.
It was here in Santa Rosa at target! It was by a light fixture on the ground.
Well, last week my daughter found a big one inch one in our backyard! I found one dead in a tray of transmission fluid in my garage:shock: (I'm rebuilding a trans).
Then another one yesterday šŸ˜¬ in my garage.
I think it's time to buy a trap.
We are being invaded I guess.

We also have bugs now that are immune to poisons. I havenā€™t been able to grow any kind of squash for the last few years. I try and stay organic for garden pest control and what used to work in years past is no longer effective. Even conventional control such as Sevin has poor to no result.

Iā€™ve been told both ways, but I thiiiiiiiiink the big, more red ones that wander around outside are something other than pure roach. Some call em water bugs. I don't know, but they sure don't look or act like classic roaches to me. My tarantula likes them, I can tell you that. :D

Roaches= indoors smaller than a dime.

Wood roaches= outdoors, between a nickel and quarter.

Palmetto bugs= outdoors, silver dollar size.

All "roaches" ^

Roaches= indoors smaller than a dime.

Wood roaches= outdoors, between a nickel and quarter.

Palmetto bugs= outdoors, silver dollar size.

All "roaches" ^

aha, i see, ok!

and, there are definitely some indoor roaches bigger than a dime. a lot bigger.

Roaches in California ? When I lived there, I seen many there and the bulk of them seemed to be in the Sacramento area. There was one particular building that was totally infested. San Francisco has recently became infested also. Los Angles has them also along with other infestations. :)

What most people call palmetto bugs are actually the American cockroach. Palmetto bugs cannot fly. American cockroaches do. I remember being at parties back in the 80s, and a roach would fly into some chicks hair and get stuck. She would get absolutely hysterical and somebody would have to kill the roach, usually squishing it. Not pretty. The girl would be traumatized , and the whole party would be laughing their asses off. Good Times.

living in Asia I've seen them all. I've had some even hiss at me... 2 or 3 steppers before they are dead. Bangkok has the worst roach infestation I've ever seen... and rats... big rats.. the kind cats are scared of.. everywhere at night.

My son said that his house had become infested with roaches. He bought Advion Cockroach Bait. He reported that it worked. All kinds of roaches will eat it and it KILLS them.

He had tried various items without much success.

Back
Top Bottom